Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

i ordered some 16x7 Rota Bronze Slipstreams. i can't wait to get them on the car. i'll post some pics as soon as I can get them on.

P.S. do you guys recommend an alignment with the new wheels?

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
any new wheels I think you should get her aligned.....

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
just play it safe so your tires will last....if you are lowered just take the safe approach.....

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
It has nothing to do with being safe. Of course if you haven't got an alignment in a while then do it but even if you are going from 16's to 17's or vice versa the overall diameter of the tire should be roughly the same (if you are smart) so you aren't even lowering or lifting the car much by switching wheels. At least not enough to influence how the suspension holds itself.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i have a black focus so i'll see how they end up looking. i've seen some black cars with the bronze, and I think they look tight. well see whats up.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
FWIW, changes in offset and wheel width can impact alignment settings. If the changes are modest I wouldn't worry a whole lot about it. And I agree with the above statement, if you haven't had an alignment in a while I'd certainly consider one to protect the rest of your investment (I'm assuming you're adding new tires as well).

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts

·
Banned
12,597 Posts
Those wheels will look really good on your car. Apply a lot of wheel wax to them. It will keep them shiny and easier to clean.

I would get an alignment to keep your new tires lasting as long as possible.

·
what it be like
6,381 Posts
nice....the picture you have is actually a "sports bronze" slipstream...the bronze is a bit lighter in color....I have them..you will be happy with them...the allignment isent as important as making sure you balance the wheels and tires once there mounted...allignment wouldent hurt though...like Geezer said...protect your investment!

·
Proudly Daily Driven
2,255 Posts
wow nice choice...probably what i want to get eventually after im done with this look i got going

1 - 17 of 17 Posts