Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I wanted to post about this again as this is now the only issue I have with my car that has not been diagnosed, it really bothers me because I’m worried it may be something Major anyway, about a week after I got the car a chirp began when the transmission changes usually around 15mph, when I’m accelerating from a stop, it doesn’t do it every change but mainly the first one after accelerating from a stop, I’ve had all my belts checked out their all fine, my mechanic doesn’t believe it’s a bad transmission but he can’t figure it out what it is. Any ideas, has anyone else had this happen to them, is it normal, is it something major, I just want to know what it is so I can get it fixed if it’s something that needs fixing. I have a video of it but not sure how to post it
05 Ford Focus ZX5

·
Registered
15,742 Posts
Haven't we already been down this road? You need a new mech. Trans doesn't make such noise. If your mech was smart enough to look at the belt range indicator built into the tensioner..........

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haven't we already been down this road? You need a new mech. Trans doesn't make such noise. If your mech was smart enough to look at the belt range indicator built into the tensioner..........
Okay first off I have been to multiple mechanics all have checked the belts and said the belts and the tensioners are fine and that it’s definitely not either one. One of the mechanics was the actual Ford Dealership no one has been able to tell me what it is

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And I know it’s not the transmission but it’s obviously something, it’s not the transmission or the belts if you can learn to read I said the belts checked out fine, they are NOT slipping

·
Registered
15,742 Posts
Go to a parts store and get some spray type belt lube and shoot it in on the belt on both sides and then drive car and see if the noise goes away for a bit.

You're not impressing me at all with that Ford dealership stuff, it means nothing.

There's at least one idler pulley as well as a couple of other bearings in that belt run, any one of them could be making noise. The noise flares up just for a second when the engine begins to get up on the torque peak, whatever is slipping does it then. Or bad bearing gets loaded more to squeal. You can let the belt stuff wear off and then squirt the pulley centers with WD40, if the noise again quits it's that bearing.

If the belt is new then simply picking the wrong one by 1/4" error can let the new belt slip if too long. Not all parts books indicate the same length belt and why the tensioner range marker is used to tell you if belt is the right length or not. The tensioner also can be brand new and still let belt make noise, just went through that last week here onsite.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Go to a parts store and get some spray type belt lube and shoot it in on the belt on both sides and then drive car and see if the noise goes away for a bit.

You're not impressing me at all with that Ford dealership stuff, it means nothing.
Why do you have to be so rude I’m just trying to figure out what’s wrong with my car and like I’ve said multiple times all 3 mechanics have checked the belts it is NOT the belts, they already tried the belt lube crap and it still made the noise so it’s NOT the belts or the tensioners. If you don’t know what’s wrong with my car then stay off my post no need to be freaking rude, I just want to know what’s wrong and multiple mechanics have been unable to tell me,

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why do you have to be so rude I’m just trying to figure out what’s wrong with my car and like I’ve said multiple times all 3 mechanics have checked the belts it is NOT the belts, they already tried the belt lube crap and it still made the noise so it’s NOT the belts or the tensioners. If you don’t know what’s wrong with my car then stay off my post no need to be freaking rude, I just want to know what’s wrong and multiple mechanics have been unable to tell me,
The belts and tensioners are in great shape, according to all my mechanics and I was told the belts look like they have been recently replaced because they are in such good shape

·
Registered
15,742 Posts
'...if you can learn to read I said the belts checked out fine, they are NOT slipping...'

You are assuming of course I have to believe your mechs. I don't and will leave that to you.

We're back at you posting a vid, oh, you can't do that either. Brother you have boxed yourself in.

I won't bother you telling how many belts I've fixed of making noise when mechs said it wasn't the belt.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
'...if you can learn to read I said the belts checked out fine, they are NOT slipping...'

You are assuming of course I have to believe your mechs. I don't and will leave that to you.

We're back at you posting a vid, oh, you can't do that either. Brother you have boxed yourself in.

I won't bother you telling how many belts I've fixed of making noise when mechs said it wasn't the belt.
I can post a video if you just tell me how, I don’t see the option to post a video, I have the video saved In my phone.

·
Registered
15,742 Posts
You absolutely cannot tell how old a modern belt is, they are hypalon and look like brand new when they have many thousands of miles on them. They will look so new when dead that the belt makers made a tool to measure the groove depth to see how much of the sides were gone and yet the techs are so bad they cannot use the tool properly.

Why your mechs are airheads. Some of us HAVE done this for a living.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I’m probably going to take it to a shop and have a full inspection done on the entire car as soon as I get paid maybe they can find the issue I really want this fixed before my vacation where I have to drive 2 1/2 hours away from home because I would hate something to break while I’m out of state

·
Registered
15,742 Posts
Tell you how? With what you are now posting? Look at all the other vids here, FIGURE IT OUT. Like the belt issue.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tell you how? With what you are now posting? Look at all the other vids here, FIGURE IT OUT. Like the belt issue.
How to post a video, idk how to post A video I just want my car fixed not sure why that calls for you being so rude, if you can’t be nice why comment at all, I’m trying to figure it out I’ve been going to multiple mechanics spending a shit ton of money just to be told they don’t know what it is I’ve been googling non stop since I bought the car and posting up here no luck, so I am trying to figure it out

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I can’t do anything by myself like I said I’ve already been to 3 mechanics I’m running out of money to fix this issue, idk of any more mechanics to help me and I sure don’t know how to work on cars myself if you read I said when I get paid Ima take the car to a shop for an all over inspection
Lemmingworld..................you try to help them and they turn around and try to take a chunk out of you then go off the cliff anyway.
[/QUOTE

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
@Valporiaye Be prepared to provide for yourself if you're going to bite the hand that feeds you. I'm surprised @amc49 has been as patient with you as he's been.
Well he was telling me to do a bunch of crap I’ve already done, was telling me to check stuff that I clearly said has already been checked. I don’t need to be told to do stuff that has already been done. What does that do for me, absolutely nothing. Why am I going to go to hundreds of mechanics to check my belts when multiple mechanics already told me my belts were fine.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well he was telling me to do a bunch of crap I’ve already done, was telling me to check stuff that I clearly said has already been checked. I don’t need to be told to do stuff that has already been done. What does that do for me, absolutely nothing. Why am I going to go to hundreds of mechanics to check my belts when multiple mechanics already told me my belts were fine.
I’m not a millionaire I can’t afford hundreds of mechanics just to check my belts over and over and over again... I need ideas of what Else it could be other then the belts because like I said belts checked out as fine

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I’m not a millionaire I can’t afford hundreds of mechanics just to check my belts over and over and over again... I need ideas of what Else it could be other then the belts because like I said belts checked out as fine
I’m also frustrated because I’ve been to so many mechanics and talked to multiple mechanics and no one knows what’s wrong. I’m going to end up breaking down before the issue is found

·
Registered
888 Posts
You could have a noise for 300,000 miles and nothing's going to break. Actually the majority of minor noises never equal a breakdown.
I've been working on cars for a long time went to school for it.
The problem you have is very hard to replicate especially when you can only do it when driving at a slow speed between shift points. That is very hard to diagnose.
AMC knows his stuff about cars I would listen. People that know their stuff sometimes come off a little harsh..

We don't hold your hand on car forums people are going to come off rude. Realize we are spending our time and our lives trying to help you.

I guarantee you the majority of cars going down the road every day make some type of odd noise. Turn the radio up and stop being so darn OCD. Good luck.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 29 Posts