Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so who has chips and how are they? is there a dyno comparison somewhere anyone knows of to look at(with dif. mods)? those of you who have one, i'm assuming the computer has some sort of tape or something for a seal on it.. did you grab an extra computer and if so what are they running costwise? i'd hate to show up at the dealership for warranty work and have them somehow see the seal broken if they were to poke around...that would be sad..if i had an electrical issue of some kind...
thanks, enjoy ed.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,891 Posts
No seal/tape over the service port on the ECU. Just a plastic cap that can be removed and put back on.

And yes, it's a good idea to remove or disable your chip before taking it to the dealer for service or the diagnostics machine may give false readings and the dealer may give you a heartache over having it installed.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
There isn't one out yet still waiting for the diablo

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i've seen pictures of the diablo install, and they had the case open. i'd like to just plug it in if possible. i guess we'll need to wait. thanks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i think the benefits from chipping an N/A car is that you alter the timing and lean out the fuel. giving it extra power at any rate. i realize these benefits are mostly seen in forced induction. but hey any little bit helps right? after all the chips aren't horribly expensive. but true the more parts you throw at the car the greater the benefit you receive from the chip..
enjoy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts