Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so im thinking about getting a chip. what is a good kind to get? how much do they run for? how fast will my stock 00 zts go with out the limiter? how much hp and tourque will i get from it? thanks for your input

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
if you have an ATX it will change your fuel curve a little, youll have to buy premium gas, change shift points alittle, raise the rev and speed alimiter alittle, i think average speed limiter raise is like 30 mph, but if you have a manualthe raise of the limiters, thats about all you get plus the need for premium gas, Diablo seems to be the leader these days, for awhile it depended on your engine code whether superor or diablo was best for you, but in notimethe new ford/super chip soft ware will come out, will allow you to do your own tuning pretty much

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
I got a speed limiter raise, I think. It does kinda suck to always have to put in premium. The Diablo is nice but if you are serious and want a real chip for future modding and get the max gains, go for a fordchip. It is a reflash of the existing chip in the CPU.

www.fordchip.com

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
diablo
super chip

run anywhere between 100-300

i believe you said in a previous post that your completely stock.. so why would you get a chip? get some bolt ons then go for the chip to get the best out of the combo

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
problem w/ fordchip, right now you have to either send in your ECU or go to them, but SOON i tell you, they are supposed to have ahome tuning kit for all fords.....

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
all i want to do is get rid of the limiter, basically. is there any easy way to do this besides unplugging the odom and all?

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
YES, a chip, you dont unplug anything, you just open your glove box, and theres the ECU

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
SunshineCavy04 said:
Not every ATX gets a speed limiter raise.
pretty sure thats a Diablo thing, Fordchip can do any of them, and if the diablo doesnt work you could try the old super chips

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
yes,but its like one city in a few states once a year, and they miss/skip some of them

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
anybody know anything about the delta chip? i've heard it had a switch so you can switch back to normal mode.....true?

when you guys say premium gas, is 91 high enough?

Mike

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Diablosport Delta Chip. This is the standard Diablosport chip you can now purchase.
Get one at .RPMOUTLET with free overnight shipping.

It has a three-way toggle switch with three settings.

Off = Bypass Diablosport chip
Middle = Standard Performance Program with Diablosport chip enabled.
Top = Custom Performance Program with Diablosport chip enabled.

When you buy the Delta chip, only the Middle position is programmed.
The cost is around $200-250.

You can get the Custom Performance Program done later for about $100.

You can toggle between OFF and Middle but the car must be off.

When you get the Custom Performance Program, you can toggle between Middle
and Top while driving if the ECU code for both programs are the same. Otherwise, you
must turn the car off to switch between Middle and Top position

·
Registered
219 Posts
about the premium gas,
doesn't the focus handbook say not to use anything above 87? I want a chip but is the premium gas going to damage anything over time? (besides my wallet)

·
Registered
732 Posts
Yea Yea Yea, the handbook says only use 87 but some mods require the use of a higher grade gas. Take me for instance, I'm going ALL MOTOR and later on after I get some more mods, like a ported head,short block with higher compression, I will have to use higher grade gas. If a product tells you that you have to use a certain type of gas, use it.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
the ford book does not say DON'T use anything but 87 octane. It says to use 87 octane. Higher octane won't hurt. It just won't help anything, unless modded.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts