Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi folks!

I'm new to this forum so I hope I'm posting this in the right place!

earlier this year I bought an 06 focus 1.6 TDI Ghia (110bhp). I'm really happy with it now having replaced the wheels that were a bit scabby and I feel Ive got a really good nice looking car considering how much it cost and how cheap it is too run.[driving]

Only thing with it is it can feel a bit flat when pulling out of junctions and accelerating at low revs.

With this in mind I've been doing a bit of research into the possibility of getting a tuning chip to beef up the torque a little.

Does anyone have much experience of this ie the best chip to get and how effective they are?

Obviously with it being only a £2.5 - 3K car it doesn't seem worth spending too much over £100.

I've heard of these chips putting to much stress on gearbox and clutch but with it being only a 1.6 to start with it seems logical this shouldn't be too much of an issue? Its got 89K on the clock but runs really well.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated [twothumbs]

·
Registered
17,490 Posts
Chip is soldered in, you don't change them any more, rather you 'tune' the chip already in the car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry I failed to realize this is a mainly American site.

Ye they tax the crap out of fuel in this country (around $2/litre untlil recently) so it makes sense for us to have the diesel option - makes a big difference to mpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts