Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i'm trying to help a friend..
he is looking for a solution for his SC svt...
he dont know what to do about the chip..
hi is considering pectel but the gains/price are not good...

so anything he can do...
or a place he can reflash his ecu...?

thanks...

joel

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
The SVTF does not have an aftermarket chip out so far, but FOCUS SPORT is working on one. I did contact Fordchip.com (gave wrong address at first, sorry) and they will reflash the SVT chip program for $298. Also, an RLA7 reflash is coming out in about 30 days and will be available from the dealer.

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
do you think it is worth it to reflash the ecu with a sc...
my guess is that yes ...but still dont know...

Joel

·
Registered
424 Posts
el_pio said:
ok i'm trying to help a friend..
he is looking for a solution for his SC svt...
he dont know what to do about the chip..
hi is considering pectel but the gains/price are not good...

so anything he can do...
or a place he can reflash his ecu...?

thanks...

joel
Haven't heard anyone mention this one yet but has he thought about going with a Haltech engine management system? This a pricey alternative but this system does work extremely well with SC or Turbo apps and is not so much a "band aid" as simply flashing the B.A.T. chip that comes with our cars. Just thought I'd throw this in and I'm not positively sure it would interface with our cars but it's worth a little research on your friend's part since he did invest in the SC...........when it comes time to Turbo my car this system (if it'll work) is definitely one thing I will factor into the price if for nothing more than being extremely tunable.

-Later

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so infra...
are you lurking on old threads...
and thats why ??

this is a 6month old thread....

[nono]

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Do a search on RLA7. We've gone over it a ton of times. Those threads will be more helpful than I.
Pio - Check out my title. If it can be resurected it will be. Nothing is safe from the Postus Reserectus.[}:)]

·
Registered
107 Posts
Infra3sv said:
Do a search on RLA7. We've gone over it a ton of times. Those threads will be more helpful than I.
Pio - Check out my title. If it can be resurected it will be. Nothing is safe from the Postus Reserectus.[}:)]
Dude, did a search on 'RLA7' and got nothing, zip, nada!!!

I hate these people who always reply with 'Do a search' who have obviously not check the search themselves! Just give us the answer if you know it. No need to teach every noob a lesson on how to search. If you feel like typing, just type the answer!

And another thing... '... more helpful than ME!'.

[:p] I love the latin stuff ;-)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hey Infra3sv,

Major apologies! I'm an ass who does not know how to search! I take back the 'search' comments. If you search for RLA7 you DO get a ton of info. I was searching by user name. Go figure. I flame someone for not doing their homework and then I do just that myself!

Oh well. I'm not perfect afterall ;-)

It's still '... more helpful than ME!' though ;-)

·
Registered
711 Posts
so YRFO is the newest update still correct?? seeing as this is a very old thread

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Its not RLA7 it is RLA6.

As already stated the YRF0 is still the recent "Band-Aid" from Ford for the ECU.

Infra whats up you, this is like the second thread I've come across that was resurected. [:)]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts