Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered from RPMOutlet, asked for the gov and rev to be gone, they said no problem, and although i do like the preformance upgrade that the chip gives, i am disapointed on the fact that they didnt remove the gov like they said they will.

Nice upgrade though, could really feel it, and i was running regular gas, not even the best gas, and not being able to go faster than 108 isnt really a bad thing. haha

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
um you used regular gas w/ a chip and it ran better....do you have a ATX or MTX and what chip is this?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the diablo chip, i could notice a difference running regular gas as soon as i activated the chip, i havnt had a chance to run it with prem gass yet, and whats an ATX/MTX?

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
ATX=automatic transmission

MTX=manual transmission

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AH! okay, haha, its manual...

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
sorry but since they didnt give you any limiter raises YOU DUN GOT RIPPED, thats about all a chip is good for on an MTX

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
naw there was a difference, and my revs changed, i just still cant go faster than 108... which isnt a bad thing really.

my revs changed compleatly.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
how so, considering you shift the car and not the automatic transmission which is controlled by te ECU and thus would be effected by the chip, how has anything changed, trust me.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
I am completely confused by his posts, how did the revs change, you control the throttle.

It does sound like you got ripped off, if the chip was burned with a timing advance and you run crappy regular gas, you are asking for trouble.

Didn't they tell you to use premium?

What is your redline now?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes they did tell me to use premium, but i havnt had a chance to fill it up with prem yet. The way the car accelerates and revs is compleatly different now, for one the shift light doesnt even turn on tell about 6, as where it used to turn on at 5, and for two i can just hear it in the car, there is a difference on when it wants me to shift, i can tell by sound and touch.. there IS a difference. I am going to call and complain, but there is an obvious difference.

I tried it in stock mode on one strech of road, and barly made it to the gov, i tried it in "preformance" mode and made it to the gov really quickly, on the same streach of road. and then going back towards home i put it in stock mode again, and didnt even get to the gov, there is a ton of difference.

I will use prem, i just had a tank of regualr when i put the chip in.

(edit spelling)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I called them, they said oops, and to call back on monday and they would help me out and send me a new chip.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
well, as long as they're willing to fix their mistake, that's cool. can't wait to chip mine, but i have a few mods ahead of it right now.

Mike

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am still pleased with the chip, and like i said, there is no real reason to go faster than 108, but i do like knowing that i can. hah

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Yah.. its a good thing they are gonna send you a new one.. it really sounds like you got ripped

·
Registered
489 Posts
is it the diablo delta you got?
i was thinking about getting the same one for my mtx
let me know how it goes when you get the new one.
how much did you pay for it?

·
Registered
337 Posts
OK WORK WITH US HERE FOCAL.
He got the chip........ it diddnt do what he though it would....... he was dissapointed........ with the chip.

and wtf is it to you anyway?

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
John said:
OK WORK WITH US HERE FOCAL.
He got the chip........ it diddnt do what he though it would....... he was dissapointed........ with the chip.

and wtf is it to you anyway?
Read his previous post, he said he was happy with it. Maybe if he had followed the directions his gains would have been more, like using the premium octane gas the chip requires.

Whats up with YOU?

·
Registered
337 Posts
ok you speak retard or somthing, no limiter is what he wanted, he diddnt get it. Im tired of you taking a good thread and makeing it suck.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
John said:
ok you speak retard or somthing, no limiter is what he wanted, he diddnt get it. Im tired of you taking a good thread and makeing it suck.
Thats cuz I am a loner creating a shell around myself! LOL

1 - 20 of 29 Posts