Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is really peaking my interest. less than 4,000 for a decent looking Mark 3 with a 5speed. From all my research the 2.0L and the MTX ( 5 speed) are the same between 2008 and 2013.... but when I stripped my Mark 2, I kept everything... power steering pump, alternator, starter, AC compressor. Did Ford change these components or is everything from the Mark 2 reused in the Mark 3? I already purchased a 2011 for the little girl who turns 15 this year... but I'm looking for another daily driver.... since every time a daily drive my 1996 Bronco I'm afraid some asshat is going to run into me.... and 15 MPG on road trip gets old fast.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Not exactly sure what your question is, but if it's in good shape and doesn't have ridiculous miles, that's a steal. The 5spd MK3's are very reliable.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have almost a compete Mark 2 sitting in my garage. It is totaled due to a rear end collision... so I pulled the motor, transmission, and all accessories. The plan was to find another Mark 2 with either high miles or a blown transmission to make my daily. This Mark 3 above has high miles ( right at 200,000) but if all my parts will bolt up.... it would be worth it. If nothing matches up from the Mark 2 I will continue my Mark 2 search.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
If you ever want to know if a part is 100% compatible with a vehicle go to RockAuto, and click on the part number next to info it will show you all the vehicles it fits.

I looked at some of the parts you listed and the answer is no. The 3rd generation focus has electric power steering, so no power steering pump.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts