Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
One size for all....Your going to find, installing poly bushings in your front A-arms or best is the CFM tubular A-arms are going to make the biggest difference, if your rear ones aren't shot/wore out. If they're shot, just replace the whole control arms...

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was able to get my car up on a lift and check the rear trailing arm bushings connecting to the chassis, they are totally shot. Both of my back wheels have almost an inch and a half of back-and-forth play.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
I was able to get my car up on a lift and check the rear trailing arm bushings connecting to the chassis, they are totally shot. Both of my back wheels have almost an inch and a half of back-and-forth play.
Best to get a pr coming from http://rockauto.com

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Best to get a pr coming from http://rockauto.com
This actually surprised me, but rockauto is $37.91 to my door, after 3-4 days. Autozone has them for 18.99 a piece, and with my military discount it comes to around 38 bucks. I'm picking them up tomorrow morning. Hopefully it won't be too terribly difficult. I don't have a press...

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
This actually surprised me, but rockauto is $37.91 to my door, after 3-4 days. Autozone has them for 18.99 a piece, and with my military discount it comes to around 38 bucks. I'm picking them up tomorrow morning. Hopefully it won't be too terribly difficult. I don't have a press...
Your replacing the whole control arm? Correct?

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I was trying to replace just the bushing but since I don't have access to a torch or a press, unless I can get the old arms off and take them to a shop to have the bushings pressed, then yeah I will have to get both new trailing arms.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
Well I was trying to replace just the bushing but since I don't have access to a torch or a press, unless I can get the old arms off and take them to a shop to have the bushings pressed, then yeah I will have to get both new trailing arms.
Thats the best & easy way to go...

·
Registered
148 Posts
If money is tight you might try a salvage yard for a low mileage/good shape set to at least get you by. Most yards have interchangeability guides and you should take the part or some really good pix to make sure they match.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts