Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been scouring the threads trying to find my exact problem, to no avail. Here's the deal.

While driving on the interstate, using cruise control, my 2002 SE wagon w/ atx made a sudden lurch like it was trying to downshift and accelerate. I killed the CC and later noticed the Check Transaxle Light was on solid. I put my reader on it and it's not throwing an ODB2 code. Reset, using the reader and also battery disconnect.

The car seems to run fine and shift normally. The only thing new is I replaced the thermostat housing, gaskets, thermostat yesterday. Engine is running normal temp.

What gives?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: Today I started the car and when I put it in Reverse there was a considerable "clunk". Couldn't reproduce it and it still seems to run fine though it is a little lagging when downshifting, eg when going up a steep hill.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
ATX codes may NOT show with a generic OBDII reader, since they are NOT part of the required OBD emissions information.

The "odo trick" to read codes MAY help, otherwise it MAY need a better scanner (one that can read Ford codes) or a trip to a dealer to check the code.....

Luck!

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
It maybe, just maybe, your output shaft speed sensor (if it isn't a solenoid).

Try a search on OSS, TSS, VSS to see what the symptoms maybe/will be.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts