Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
old stuff.. be prepared to get slammed and told how it will never work........That one probly won't work.. but it could be done with the right equipment

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

·
Registered
525 Posts
What a piece of crap...you might as well put that tornado thing in your intake...Looks like a coffee grinder or a computer fan...don't waste your money...

·
Registered
845 Posts
Has anyone seen an electric supercharger utilizing a pulley system to provide enough rpms to produce useful psi? It seems to me that every supercharger uses pulleys except the electic ones. Maybe that's why they're so weak. Do you think it would take a HUGE motor to turn the turbine on a Vortec SC? I don't, but I've never seen anyone try (I have seen electic motors with A LOT of torque though...some almost as old as me and still running strong).

That WOT thing is bull***** too. I had an electric race car track in the early 1980's with variable speed triggers operating the cars, and no one's used that idea yet on these electric superchargers. I think the technology is there, but no one has applied themselves to make it work. Also, the more I've reseached how I "think" I could make one work, I've noticed that it may not be significantly cheap enough for someone to choose the electric over something else unless I mass produced a single model and changed psi to suit specific applications by simply swapping out fuses and/or pulleys.

I'm at least 90% sure I could make one work exponentially better than any currently on the market if I had the resources. So could many other people, I'm sure, if they'd stop putting 5 batteries, 7 tv's, 10 subwoofers, and who knows how many actuators in their cars for an electric show without electric go.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
aybe that's why they're so weak. Do you think it would take a HUGE motor to turn the turbine on a Vortec SC?

yeah.. it would take a very powerful motor. I am guessing it takes 25-30 hp at least to turn a supercharger. There are compact electric motors to do this, but it would only be short bursts as the motor would heat up and draw to much power to use constantly.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
i still want a torque wind pink eturbo from ebay im waiting to save up 110 bux lol wait a pink one thats 115 cause of the $5 increse but i should get another 15-20 hp outta the pink one. Wo0t!

·
Registered
793 Posts
haha i like the electricsupercharger i ordered one 2day... nt

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
focal u are the shit lmfao thats good shit

·
Registered
291 Posts
AH HAHAHAHHA....Well unless i see a real dyno chart with real gains im going to continue to think these things are junk...Ive heard nothing but bad about them....My friend was telling me he saw i guy once in mustang with a leave blower hooked up in the inside. A high powerd gas one.. Said it actually did something...sound like bolony to me tho...

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
focaltech said:
If someone puts this on their car, they should be beaten in front of their entire family and publicly humiliated.
That just looks as bad as it sounds. Ouch!

Is it just me or has junk sales increased on Ebay? Here lately that is all I've run across, its like those annoying phone sales. GO AWAY, I'M NOT INTERESTED!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts