1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Don't know but I would only trust a brand name when it comes to suspension and handling.
In would ask about the warranty.
It just seems too cheap to be that good. IMO

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Ya, I believe most good coil over kits cost around $1000 and this guys selling them for less than $100.

·
Registered
246 Posts
when i used to have my integra i had those same cheap no name coilovers and you bounce all over the road. If your going to lower it, get springs not coilovers.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Trust only brand names...

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the thing with that is i need coilover. winter here are brutal so i need to raise and lower my car depending on the time of year. would performance shocks help? Unless someone has another suggestion other than coilovers.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I think drop zone makes real nice coilovers for the focus.Don't the price.Stay a way from no name coilovers,They could kill you.I know a guy i work with who had no name coil overs on his civic.He bounced all over the road.One day it was raining and he lost control when ha hit a big dip in the road, and raped it a round a tree.

·
Hawaii Five-O
1,257 Posts
^ I'm guessing the guy didn't survive? [:(]

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
if you get just coilovers you car rides like a rock b/c you have no other suspension support..but if you get the whole coilover kit (coilovers,shocks,struts,etc.) you should be fine...my friend had the whole coilover kit on his civic, he said it cost him $1500 but it was worth it...he also said it rode like you had just springs on it, and it didnt ride hard like a rock...so if your goin for coilovers get the whole kit not just the coilovers...if you dont want to spend that much money then you should just get springs...also if you do get the whole coilover kit you will need to get a camber kit also...just my $.02

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Those are called sleeve and spring coilovers, they are so cheap becuz they are not the complete package. Its just springs with ride height adjustability definately stay away from those and hold out for the complete package. Also if you are in a bind for improved suspension performance but are looking at something fairly inexpensive the eibach pro-system and pro-system plus are a good set-up and would be worth looking at.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
[thumb]
you guys are great. i always get the info i need here
thanks

p.s.
where would i find the eibach pro-system?

·
Registered
697 Posts
my firned got dropzone coils in his sunfire, but no shocks/struts. rides like a bag of dirt. go with springs jsu swap them yearly.

no issue for me i got a spring compressor in the garage, not sure of your situation.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I'm in the same boat you are Knightriderzx3, I want to drop my SE but winters up here in New England would leave me with a snowplow. Not a option. I was planning on waiting until I could do a FULL coilover kit, and I was also going to look into pillow mounts. Does anyone know if this can be done with a focus?

By the way, that Ebay pic looks like painted garden hose wrapped around folgers cans. Anyone else notice that they not only look cheap, but FAKE?

·
Registered
793 Posts
hey guys, not sure i would go with dropzone, when i was going to do them i did a search on here and found some negative things about them!!

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
dont get those for cryin out loud.

look at a pic of a real coil over kit then look at a pic of those...

they are just adjustable springs that u have no way of even making all 4 at the samee exact ride height.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Why are some people like this? Why do you think a coilover kit is $ 1000+, but some jerkules is selling them for $ 100 on ebay, doesn't that send up a red flag to you?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
no i didn't see any red flags.
or maybe i did.
maybe that's why i started this thread to ask peoples opinions. (hint hint)[;)]

·
Registered
507 Posts
some people who have put these adjustable spring on focus on the quebec, the ones on the back pop-off of his hole because of the very bad shape of the road... really scary [eek]

its better to put real spring like H&R, Apex, Eibach... they are DOT approuved, not the ones on Ebay[:D]

1 - 20 of 21 Posts