Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
NO races were with 4-2-1 header/ ALL races where withcrush bent 1.6inch exhaust piping.
(these have since been replaced witrh 4-2-1 header and MBRP exhaust)
RACE LIST:
*2003 Civic Si*-I won by a carlength, and had only exhaust and short ram intake at the time, also I had a passenger, he wasn't stock either.
*2002 Modded Civic*- Smoked him from a 2nd gear roll.
*97 Accord*- Smoked him pretty bad from a 3rd gear roll(Only had short ram and exhaust at the time).
*2002 Stock Civic*-He had me in 1st gear, but I pulled by him in 2nd and 3rd gear(Had all mods listed except cold airintake,ORP,header).
*Geo Metro*- Why did I waste my gas, I dont know. I wouldn't even call it a race, it was like he just had his brakes on while I just left him.
*2003 Stock Corolla S*- Smoked him from a 1st gear roll.(all mods except orp/header)
*91 Modded Civic HB*- Smoked him from a 2nd gear roll(all mods except orp/header)
*Focus ZX3*- He started 2 cars ahead of me, and by the end of 3rd gear, I had 3-4 cars on him. Got him pretty good.
*95 stock Talon TSI(turbo)*- Started from a roll in 1st gear. I beat him by about a car length.
*04 Stock Civic coupe*- She was ahead of me, but then I realized she was racing me. I passed her in 3rd gear and kept on pulling. SMOKED her
*SRT-4 Neon*- I was expecting to get smoked which I did. From a 3rd gear roll he just pulled away. From a 1st gear roll I was ahead by half a car until about 50mph when he pulled by me.
*Mazda Millenia V6*- Wasn't even close, I left his ass in the dust. (4 carlengths 0-60mph)*short road*
*95 Corolla I/H/E*- Even on the launch then I just pulled away fassssst. (3-4 carlengths 0-60mph)*short road*
*2000 stock Mirage*- Gave him a 2 car headstart and flew by him in 1st gear. Was a waste of my gas w/e. (5-6 carlengths 0-60mph)*short road*
*2003 Eclipse V6*- Raced from a 50 roll in 3rd gear to around 90mph. I pulled 3 cars on him... Didn't think I could beat them, guess I was wrong.
*Some late 90's civic sedan*- The civic had intake/exhaust and was riced out big time. He tried to race me 4 times, but every single time I shut him down. Using only 2 gears at a time I pulled around 4 cars on him each time he tried me. If we had used all the gears, no doubt I would have beaten him by 10+ cars.
* 2004 Civic Si*- We went from a 20mph roll the first time. He pulled a carlength on me 1st and 2nd and 3rd we stayed even. Next time we went from a 50mph roll till about 90mph- It was dead even.(this race was with shorty header/orp NOT 4-2-1 header).

·
Capital Obvious
2,562 Posts
nice list.

Mine...
2000 BMW 323Ci...Went from a stop...won by a fender.
2002 Cavi. From a stop... he was an auto... ahead by 3-4 cars by the end of second. (he did have one passanger...his girlfriend).
2002 Sunfire. same results as cavi.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
MyBlackST said:
nice list.

Mine...
2002 Cavi. From a stop... he was an auto... ahead by 3-4 cars by the end of second. (he did have one passanger...his girlfriend).

nothin better than beating a guy with his girl in the other seat.

·
Registered
583 Posts
MyBlackST said:
nice list.

Mine...
I hope that cavi is short for cavalier, because my next door neighbor has a 2000 cavalier, white, with 16" OZ Superturismo WRCs (I think she said the tires are Pirelli's, but she doesn't know... neither do I [paranoid]) ... she worships that car like it is a GOD, and I am sick of seeing that ugly paperweight that is wasting 4 {EDITED TO DEATH} high quality rims.

·
Registered
7,414 Posts
"*95 stock Talon TSI(turbo)*- Started from a roll in 1st gear. I beat him by about a car length. "

did he have it in gear when he started?

what are your mods anyway?

·
Capital Obvious
2,562 Posts
yea. Cavi is short for Cavalier. My buddy has a 2005, but I haven't run him yet. He drove a ST after he bought it and says the ST is faster.

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
SilverZXIII said:
NO races were with 4-2-1 header/ ALL races where withcrush bent 1.6inch exhaust piping.
Can I ask what's the deal with the 1.6" piping? Stock exhaust piping is 1-7/8". Just curious as to what you had as a setup?

·
Registered
378 Posts
213slayer666 said:
"*95 stock Talon TSI(turbo)*- Started from a roll in 1st gear. I beat him by about a car length. "

did he have it in gear when he started?

what are your mods anyway?
I was wondering the samething. Did that Talon know that you where racing?

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
MyBlackST said:
nice list.

Mine...
ok my friend Nick has a Cavi with 2.4L with just intake exhaust and fuel injectors and automatic and he smokes the sh** out of me and my friend Sammie you can see all of the cars in my gallery. So about you beating a 2002 Cavi it probably only had the 2.2 or something because those cars are very fast.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The deal on the 1.6inch crush bent piping. Basically a long time ago my dad had this ghetto custom piece of crap exhaust put on the car. Over the years, I changed it around with different mufflers. It was the stock straight piping into 1.6inch Crush bent meaning it got really small on the bends. Finally though I got a real exhaust... the MBRP and a flex pipe to match. But I havent raced anyone since I got the new exhaust.

The talon... Yes he knew I was racing because it was a setup run... We both went from a roll in 1st gear with me honking it off. He claimed it wasn't running right, which it wasn't. We did run again after he got it fixed, but I didn't put it on there. The second time we ran it was from a roll in 1st gear again. He started to inch away from me, but I would catch him on the shifts. We went till about 95mph in which his rear bumper was at my front fender... Then we both got pulled over for racing. He did have a passenger both times.

My mods when I raced the talon were.... Aem CAI/65mm TB/the ported intake mani/shorty header/ORP/stock flex/crap exhaust/afx underdrive pulley/prothane engine mount inserts.

I am in no way BSing on any of these races. And yes all of them were the ones who instigated the races.

·
Registered
154 Posts
usaully I would call b.s. on this but The 95 tsi is not fast at all , my st can run with my buddies eclipse turbo they are dogs. They can be made fast overnight but stock? they are way slower than the olders ones like I had. I had a 90 laser turbo than ran in the 12's. So yeah I believe you could beat a front wheel drive turbo car. awd he may get you off the line and you will not catch up. Turbos feel faster because of the "turbo lag" But a lightly modded turbo they start getting quick real fast!

·
Registered
154 Posts
yes my laser was modded just in case some of you simpletons decided to hammer me on a 12 sec stock laser

·
Registered
184 Posts
Dude, I'm still laughing that you listed the Geo. Lord help you if some heavily modded Metro smoked you. What a nightmare. Some good kills, though. Keep them coming!

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Redphoakis said:
Turbos feel faster because of the "turbo lag" But a lightly modded turbo they start getting quick real fast!
"Turbo Lag" is pretty much a thing of the past, with all the new tricks of the trade "lag" just doesn't happen.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
**ANOUNCER VOICE** -- (Like in the movies)

"one man.... And a geo storm, taking on the unforgiving SVT focus, surely this will be a slaughter..... But wait ! vrrrrooooommm..... psssstt..... "

LOL !! [:D]

·
Registered
154 Posts
he said 95 turbo right? Yeah turbo lag......ya dig?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts