Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking hard about going FI...i think turbo is the way i want to go..and im n ot going to have a TON of money to sink in..any suggestions? I def. have to stay under 2000..for the whole she-bang!

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
Thats just not going to happen...

Tuning alone is $500

What if something happens and the motor fails? You should save up and set more than enough funds on the side to complete the project the right way instead of cutting corners that could cost you a new motor.

·
I.S.A.I.K.I.
5,413 Posts
You could build a kit yourself and get lucky and find a used log manifold and downpipe for under $2000 but, just as Charles has said up there, you need to account for tuning and J.I.C. replacement parts. With proper tuning, you shouldn't be breaking anything if the install is done properly. Things do happen though, and be prepared for it.

·
coooookie monster
7,570 Posts
i am piecing together a kit and figured tuning+gauges will be around 1500 and my parts are about 700

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input guys..I knew it would be a stretch..guess ill have to be better next year so santa wont be so damn greedy!

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
SVT needs J&S so that and tuning your already at $1050....I just dont see this happening safely....

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
SVT needs J&S so that and tuning your already at $1050....I just dont see this happening safely....

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
^^ sweet.....then you'd just need the turbo housing and BOV and whatever else I forgot? right...plus a tune [:)] that's great, Tom. Large Intercooler? that doesn't mean removing the front rebar, right? lol I just remember in the "350+ hp SVT" thread or whatever it was, the intercooler was huge! [:D]

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
^^ sweet.....then you'd just need the turbo housing and BOV and whatever else I forgot? right...plus a tune [:)] that's great, Tom. Large Intercooler? that doesn't mean removing the front rebar, right? lol I just remember in the "350+ hp SVT" thread or whatever it was, the intercooler was huge! [:D]
I am almost positive you would keep the front rebar, aka "actual bumper"

But like the others have said a 2k dollar turbo is impossible in my opinion. Just make it a long project, buy parts when you get a little extra cash here and there. It takes a lot of patience but is a great reward in the end!

·
Registered
818 Posts
But like the others have said a 2k dollar turbo is impossible in my opinion.
eh, your all a bunch of sally's! Go fine an old Probe VJ-11 and bolt it up to the stock mani and dump the down pipe to the ground. Then install a exstra injector in the intake tube with a hobb's switch, fill her her up with 92 octane with maybe a little spash of e85 to bump octane up even more, no need for tuning that way. Bingo! 7psi for $32.00

·
Registered
818 Posts
[confused] Hey there's no snow here yet?

·
I.S.A.I.K.I.
5,413 Posts
^ I couldn't think of anything else to say...heh

Thanks for the tip on the cheap mod tho. Is that what your currently doing or was this on another car?

·
Registered
818 Posts
^ I couldn't think of anything else to say...heh

Thanks for the tip on the cheap mod tho. Is that what your currently doing or was this on another car?
Well my set up is kinda like that, not quite as sloppy. But I did turbo my Daily Driver for $260. And before any of you jump in and say it must be junk and unreliable, I now have about 30,000 miles on that set up with out any failers.

·
Registered
975 Posts
i have a complete kit for sale for $1400
comes with every thing even the full 3 inch exhaust.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts