Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
SVT Kit... springs, shocks and rear sway for less than 300.00. Its truly the most bang for the buck there is. A true complete suspension upgrade for less than the cost of most shocks alone. The springs are easily replaceable at the time of the strut install so don't let that scare you. If you want just shocks/struts and retain the stock springs I recommend KYB GR2's.

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
Go for the FRPP kit through Mike at Hilbish. It's $360 shipped (I'm pretty sure), and it comes with the struts, shocks, and springs already compressed for you. Gives you an 1.5" drop.

·
Don't read this!
2,341 Posts
I've got SVT springs for sale 20k for $60 + shipping!!!!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kyb

Anybody have any experience with KYB GR-2 shocks or struts? Tire Rack has them at a good price. Would they be better than Munroes?

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
I have tons of experience with them, I actually rallied on them for several years. While not their intended purpose, for sure, they held up amazingly well. They are NOT however for a lowered car or one you intend to lower. And yes I feel they are far better than Monroes.

·
Banned
12,597 Posts
I have tons of experience with them, I actually rallied on them for several years. While not their intended purpose, for sure, they held up amazingly well. They are NOT however for a lowered car or one you intend to lower. And yes I feel they are far better than Monroes.
Agreed. I would go with KYB GR2's over Monroe struts and shocks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts