Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright so a few months ago someone on the jet showed me a site that currently has the cheapest $$$ for SVT JRSC but i want to know if anybody else has seen the site OR purchased from them..... the site is

www.importcarpartsplus.com
www.importcarpartsplus.com/jrsale.htm

im buyying it soon....he seems legit and legal

he takes paypal and i know paypal doesnt take crap...and ive never heard a complaint...

·
Dragon Warrior
309 Posts
this kind of stuff provides a dilema.

I think the powerworks kit is superrior to the JRSC but with a price like that it is hard to beat and with the BBK you are rockin pretty hard.

I always buy the best ( IMHO anyway) for my car and I believe the Powerworks is better alltogether.

Decisions, Decisions

·
Registered
112 Posts
My useless opinion:

Just $120 less than the Jackson racing site (they have free shipping). No biggie.

For an SVT, you gain all of 25 ft-lbs of torque - and most of your horsepower gains are way up in the rpm range (under 5k you get about 15 hp). $100/ft-lb seems less than ideal.....no BBK kit yet that I've seen(?)

I don't drive 7000 rpm much, so for $2600 I gain very little. I spend my time between 3k and 5k - and that means I want torque torque torque! JRSC won't give me much bang for the buck.

From what I've read, on an SVT you might do better to bump your compression ratio. A stroker kit is better yet. Or, a turbo done right can get you some real world daily fun I think - but there are some headaches with FI.

·
Banned
9,238 Posts

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
the jrsc+bbk is a great way to bump up power and still have a reliable daily driver

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
supersonicsvt said:
My useless opinion:

Just $120 less than the Jackson racing site (they have free shipping). No biggie.

For an SVT, you gain all of 25 ft-lbs of torque - and most of your horsepower gains are way up in the rpm range (under 5k you get about 15 hp). $100/ft-lb seems less than ideal.....no BBK kit yet that I've seen(?)

I don't drive 7000 rpm much, so for $2600 I gain very little. I spend my time between 3k and 5k - and that means I want torque torque torque! JRSC won't give me much bang for the buck.

From what I've read, on an SVT you might do better to bump your compression ratio. A stroker kit is better yet. Or, a turbo done right can get you some real world daily fun I think - but there are some headaches with FI.

I agree- you would think an SC would REALLY boost torque and HP but the dynos I've seen are usually not that impressive, especially for the cash.

I've always wondered why SVT went with a paltry 10.2:1 compression... My old Porsche has 10.9:1 and it runs fine on regular gas! Comparing the SVT to other cars in it's league and you see alot of them running 11:1 and sometimes higher. I'd imagine the SVT would be able to really sing with 11:1! [:)]

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Anaxagoras1986 said:
I agree- you would think an SC would REALLY boost torque and HP but the dynos I've seen are usually not that impressive, especially for the cash.

I've always wondered why SVT went with a paltry 10.2:1 compression... My old Porsche has 10.9:1 and it runs fine on regular gas! Comparing the SVT to other cars in it's league and you see alot of them running 11:1 and sometimes higher. I'd imagine the SVT would be able to really sing with 11:1! [:)]
If you dont like the JRSC+BBK gains. Look into a Procharger. Similar HP i believe but has far greater torque gains. If it was out when i bought mine i would have got one.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
that guy used to be a sponsor here. he still is a sponsor on honda-tech and a few other forums. apparently it wasn't worth the $$ to stick around here. good guy though and great prices.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I believe the low torque gains are due to the fact that the JRSC uses an extremely short runnered intake. It's practically a log monifold... A centrifugal SC with the SVT's stock DSI would probably be pretty effective but alot more complex. Still, the JRSC is a good kit IMO, I just wish it gave a little more kick!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts