Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
most weight reduction is cheaper and easier and better than any other mod in a dollar for dollar comparison....

you drop your car by 400lbs... youll see :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Those guys aside,
K&N Panel filter - $40
Short Ram/ Cold Air intake - $250
Tune - $399
Exhaust - $400-500ish

Those are probably the cheaper ones to do that will make a pretty decent difference.

·
Stuff about Florida
2,595 Posts
^ These are all good.

Theres a difference between low cost and cheap though, dont use crappy parts your performance will suffer.

·
Nope, Chuck Testa
6,442 Posts
Moved to "ZETEC Performance Chat"

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
250 for a SRI is expensive, you can get full CAI for alot cheaper!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Depends, power or 'feel'?

N/A power mods don't do much on the Zetec...you need a lot of bolt-ons plus a tune to feel a real difference, and even then it's not much.

For just better day to day driving:

Ported TB - $0
Short Throw Shifter - $100
Poly Lower Engine Mount - $120 or $60 if you want me to build you one. See here:
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=251806

Suspension...but that's far from cheap.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Prices vary drastically...all you need is a little patience. In the 3 months I have had my new to me 03' ZX3, I have managed to find the following (gently used parts) on this same site:

Magnaflow Exhaust (including flex pipe): 160

Short Ram Intake: 50
I replaced the filter itself with a larger one from K&N (major difference)

Screaming Deamon Coil and Wires: 65

I purchased these performance parts for a fraction of their cost new. I have also purchased a couple of non-performance replacement parts. The result is a car I am very happy with, at a reasonable cost for a law student.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Prices vary drastically...all you need is a little patience. In the 3 months I have had my new to me 03' ZX3, I have managed to find the following (gently used parts) on this same site:

Magnaflow Exhaust (including flex pipe): 160

Short Ram Intake: 50
I replaced the filter itself with a larger one from K&N (major difference)

Screaming Deamon Coil and Wires: 65

I purchased these performance parts for a fraction of their cost new. I have also purchased a couple of non-performance replacement parts. The result is a car I am very happy with, at a reasonable cost for a law student.

·
Registered
668 Posts
To bad MBRP don't sell an exhaust kit for a focus anymore when I got the one for mine I paid like 250 and it sounded good. I will also second the short throw shifter they are great I loved mine. You can also get a cheap knockoff intake from ebay I had an AEM CAI on my 01 S2 focus which was great but I have seen the cheap knockoff CAI from ebay and it is built very similar to the AEM one only thing I recommend doing is replacing the filter with an AEM Dryflow and either get a pre-filter or bypass valve (or Both if you really wanna be cautious) I wouldn't get a short ram unless it comes with a heat shield because I have also had a short ram on my car and I had heatsoak problems the car sometimes felt sluggish.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
you will want to post in the duratec forum. they use different motors

1 - 20 of 25 Posts