Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
picked up some Volvo Amalthea wheels today. the tires that were on them aren't the right height so its slightly taller but its not too bad.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Pretty nice! I've been looking for some chrome finish wheels, but here in Germany there's not much on the market yet. Also dun wanna spend a fortune, so imma wait until i can get some used ones cheap.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
got another quick shot today

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That looks great, how much did the wheels set you back? I don't think the tire size is wrong at all - again, looks really good.
$250

The tires are .6" taller than the volvo s60/v70 they came off of (both the volvo and focus use the same diameter tire). Even on the original car they are the wrong size. These are 225/50/17, should be 235/45/17 Its just enough to notice a difference.

Once the right size is on it'll make the wheel look a little better, and bring the car back down to where it was before. My stock focus wheels were damaged and the tires were bald, just glad these have tread

I really like em though

·
Registered
459 Posts
I was thinking about 225/50's so I could stay classed in STF, but decided on the 235/45s instead.

As I look at the pics, I don't think it's too bad at all, but for the next set of tires, I'm thinking I might do 245s.

Still, a nice set up like that for $250 is cheap as dirt, with the bonus of a really good look.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts