Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Pull out all the interior except that drivers seat. It will improve acceleration, braking, and handling for free.

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
UDP for around 100
Cheap intakes can be around 100 too.
Some performance chips can be acquired for around 200
Progress rear sway bar helps out nicely, and is a little over 100

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Iceberg said:
some dont consider it a mod but i would get a good system.
I did have a good system but it got stolen out of my taurus when it was at the wrecking yard the bastards stole it before I could get over there and take it out! but the good news is that they said they would pay for it! so I get a check for $1100!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah I probably just end up doing what you said Egz! there is a shop in town that does focus stuff so it is even cheaper because I don't have to pay shipping

·
Registered
845 Posts
get a K&N panel filter for $30...don't waste your money on a $100 cheap ebay intake! Then remove the plastic shield between the upper grill and the radiator.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
are you talking about removing the thing that is around the hood latch???
I already did that cause I did not see the reason for the little wall that was blocking air from the air snorkel

·
Registered
845 Posts
I put in the filter without any other mods, so I didn't notice much of a difference, but I know it's better than stock, probably comparable to other more expensive total intake systems, and the best thing is it's only $30 (and if you get the recharge kit $10-$15, you never need to buy another air filter again).
Yes, you already removed the piece I was talking about...you could also do the "airbox resonator removal" mod on myfordfocus.com (go to the how-to library). It's unknown if this improves anything other than the sound of the car...kinda sounds like a short-ram intake...it's at least a cheap mod that gets your hands under the hood and you can't hurt the car doing this one...even if you break the resonator!! (what'll that do to your resale if you break it??? I dunno, but it won't hurt the car...lol)[thumb]

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
I was going to tell you that if you remove the air box resonator, U can get the iceman resonator duct for $39 from newedgeperfromance but they don't have it anymore...[???:)]

·
Registered
845 Posts
"heater duct hose" at an autoparts store will be fine for that resonator replacement....that's what I have

·
Registered
11 Posts
Try the thread titled "Just finished my home made ram air..."

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have decided that this time around I am going to take things seriously. go for serious power gains serious and reliable parts. I will just have to take it in stages!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts