Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am starting a project for a cheap intake........so far i bought an air intake filter $25 at kragen auto, the filter is adjustable it has 3inch,3&half inch,and 4inch abjustment,i put it stait on the mass air flow(MAF) stock adapture, and i also bought a valve cover breather from kragen for $10..so far it makes a dramatic change, even though i am using the stock plastic intake pipe, i the intake is unheard untill alittle over quarter way into the pedal and when u punch it the car sound awsome, the car odvesily has more torque and horsepower when over 2 or 3 thousand rpm...i will post back when i put the rest together...................to be continued......................................................[wrenchin]

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
this i a really popular thing to do. most guys call it a stealth intake. do you have plans to try and make a longer tube to make it a cold air intake?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah they make an extension tube that runs off the intake filter already hooked up and runs it to an intake filter that will be sitting behind my bumper..........

·
Registered
16 Posts
that is not really a cold air intake. that is just a tube to try and feed cold air into the filter. the problem with that is the filter is still sitting in the hot engine bay sucking mostly hot air in. to make a cold air intake you would have to build a pipe to carry the filter down to the bottom of the engine then fab a splash graud, to keep water out. the pipe would be better if made out of plastic as it does not conduct heat, like metal.

i would not invest time or money inot the little tube kragen sells.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i was thinking about doing that but i want to relocate my battery to the trunt first so i have room

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
i have a stealth CAI on my 2005 and i love it! my stealth CAI is a true CAI to and i have had better luck with it than any other intakes i have tried out..love the sound and LOVE the gains

·
Registered
58 Posts
i was thinking about doing that but i want to relocate my battery to the trunt first so i have room
I had a cold air that ran in front of driver-side tire, behind the bumper, I liked it, but I just put a short ram and I like it better, except I thnk a carbon-or fiberglass hood, with a small scoop is my next project, but seal the scoop to an air-box type cover to seal it for a true, short ram-cold air intake...

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
Its too bad you guys are so far away I have some aluminum tubing that would either give you a short ram set up or CAI. Its just sitting in my garage and I owuld give it to anyone who wanted it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts