Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
i would say go for it. for that price its a good idea to get it. i mean its a cold air intake, but if you want further information im sure someone will let you know

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
dont get one with a metal tube, the metal tube gets hot, will warm the air charge, lower oxygen density, and u will get less powerful combustion, kinda defeats the cold air purpose. there are non polished intakes on there too... beware of water ingestion though, contact ray at www.myfordperformance.com he makes shields specifically for these intakes... u can get just a shield or one with a ram air scoop

·
Registered
565 Posts
The price is friggin great if you can get if for under 50 bucks, but I have to agree w/ Euro on this one, a metal CAI kinda defeats the purpose of a CAI, I say get an Iceman or Volant (yes euro I am recomending a volant, I have changed since that post from a while back about Volant :) ) but its your money and 50 bucks is nothing at all for a brand new CAI. you have 6 hours left on the bid list, good luck!!!!!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
<thread jacking starts here> i was thinking about just buying a filter and 'slapping it onto my stock tube" would that be bad in any way? would it really give me better throttle response? thanks. <Thread jacking stops here>

good price for the CAI, but yea polished is better... Chrome LOVES heat.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
french if u dont have the cash for an intake just get a filter and throw it on... cut ur box up and be creative if u want... port your t/b too if u want better throttle response...

ps. im gonna be out ur way in march

·
Registered
845 Posts
A cone filter on the end of your stock tube will work better than that CAI. Like was said, the tube gets too hot, and also the rubber elbow will cave in under wide open throttle (at least mine did because it is too soft, and when hot gets even softer). I bought a short ram intake off ebay, and took it off after less than a day. I went back to my drop on K&N and I'm getting more hp/tq (especially in the lower rpms).
[off topic] I think I'm gonna cut my ebay cheapy and make a heat shield for my stock intake tube, although that may still be a negative thing because that aluminum tube got so hot!! (but it looks nice and I'd hate to waste it)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts