Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i started this thread hoping to get some info on these hid kits i found on ebay for almost no money..item #320008610509, while i know the basics, such as, dont use hid kits in stock housings, and u get what you pay for, i have ordered rims/tires, slotted/drilled rotors and new pads, poly trans mount, and had my windows tinted. so my wife is starting to get aggrevated by the amount of money i have spent in a week (all this in a week)..and when i mentioned this to her she said no until i told her the price tag. iam currently running silverstar in my headlights and fogs, and while i am more than satisfied by them, i always wanted to try a retro hid kit....so is this a total waste of money? no flaming please, i have been around long enough to know the down sides of ebay crap, but are these possibly worth the 150dollar price tag??????? thanks in advance[thumb]

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Those will probably work just as well as any other HID conversion kit. Look through the seller's feedback first, and ask past buyers questions about them.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i must say dazada, you are always posting replies to my post..thanx....i will be cautious about my purchase, but i am looking to see if anyone has any experience with the cheap models sold out there...i am sure they will work, but the last thing i want to do is fry wiring on my car...so i guess i am curious if they are safe or not..150 bucks isnt a bad investment if they work for a few months until i can afford to find some real eap hid's....

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BUMP FOR TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES....LOL

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
CAIS95 said:
i must say dazada, you are always posting replies to my post..thanx....i will be cautious about my purchase, but i am looking to see if anyone has any experience with the cheap models sold out there...i am sure they will work, but the last thing i want to do is fry wiring on my car...so i guess i am curious if they are safe or not..150 bucks isnt a bad investment if they work for a few months until i can afford to find some real eap hid's....
I'm here to help! h00t! [woot] I wouldn't be too worried about them frying your car, since HID's use less energy than your standard halogen bulbs anyway.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Yep I have been running a HID kit for awhile now and would hate to go back to standard halogen.

They are much brighter, in my 05 they have a near perfect cutoff line [:)]!

They use less wattage than the cheap 5 dollar halogen bulbs at Walmart.

Oh and dont forget you can chose the colour.

I would take the advice from DetroitBass, buy from a known source.

·
Registered
167 Posts
so for a 2002 focus which uses H4 bulbs, I can buy a 9006 size or should I only look for an H4 HID kit? This kit has all the necessary pieces but it would be really recommended to buy a projector style headlamp assembly rather than keeping the stock headlamp assembly right?!!

And if a kit comes with a 6500k bulb but you really want a 8000k bulb all you have to do is buy one right? would the same go for any stock HID set all long as you stick with the same size?

One last thing!! The website said it's pretty easy to install but is this really true?!!!!!

·
Registered
237 Posts
isn't installing an HID in a halogen housing illegal in the states tho? I'd hate to get an insane ticket or blind oncoming drivers because I hear HID's in a housing designed for halogens is wicked bright blinding oncoming drivers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts