Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
4,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was talking with Jholso a few minutes ago and we were wondering why FF doesnt have a Chat Room. Ive noticed that theres a bunch of us online all the time itll be a great way for members to talk to each other about plans for our cars and what not.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I second this motion, if its a matter of the code behind it, I am a member of another forum that uses one and can try to get it. If it is a matter of amount of people that would be in it, I vote for one in each of the regional sections as well as general car chat and showroom.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
There use to be a AIM chat that a lot of us use to use a long time ago & there was a link to it on the home page. Not sure when it was taken down though.

Why not just start your own personal chatroom and use this thread to tell people when you are on so we can all chat?[dunno]

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
well that could work what we were thinking was more of a thing called a shout box. it auto updates and you can only put in a small num of characters and yea its nifty...

·
Banned
4,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Stupid AIM, Ill make another one after class seeing how the school is stupid and blocked AOL lol.

·
Banned
4,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Easier to use something that everyone is familiar with.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Google wave doesn't involve downloading anything. You send the invite you accept the invite you join your done. Simply/easy.

It's 100% browser based.

·
PiddlesaurusRex
4,453 Posts
or people could just IM the people they want to talk to that have messengers on their profiles lol. Just saying. Then you can start your own chats

·
Spin
2,913 Posts
So where are we on this?

Should we just create an AIM chat room?

Should we do the google wave thing (I have a gmail account)?

·
MyCarBreaksAlot
8,609 Posts
^^I dunno.

Whoops. You're sneaky Jo, move your post under mine so I can lazily use arrows instead of a quote.
And google wave is some fancy new browser/email client/chat/internet sharing thingamajig that is just being released to the public through invites.

or people could just IM the people they want to talk to that have messengers on their profiles lol. Just saying. Then you can start your own chats
I guess you're partially right, but I woulda missed out on meeting someone had I not been randomly invited to a chat. But if anyone else here is like me then they don't necessarily go around singling out people to talk to on here with little aim icons on their profiles lol.

I think it would be better for it to be established so people could run into others that they don't or wouldn't ordinarily talk to.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts