Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
I'm going to be the naysayer, I would really like to see a test like illinipo did with the front strut brace. Pete used a strain gauge to see if the bar actually did anything.
Some (most) of those braces just look like copies of what I'd see on a Honda ... and nothing says those work either.
Seems it's more of a looks, see I have parts, than proven functionality.
Thousands of Foci out there W/O bracing goes to say something ....

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Look under neath where ppl don't see

I'm going to be the naysayer, I would really like to see a test like illinipo did with the front strut brace. Pete used a strain gauge to see if the bar actually did anything.
Some (most) of those braces just look like copies of what I'd see on a Honda ... and nothing says those work either.
Seems it's more of a looks, see I have parts, than proven functionality.
Thousands of Foci out there W/O bracing goes to say something ....
Just giving those ppl that want a strut brace or trunk brace, something else to thing about= lower stress braces whether its the front cradle or the rear cradle or in between the two or how someone could fab up some. Just throwing different ideas out there. Could be those thosands of ppl don't know or thought about chassis stress braces.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Bruce - see if my version of your link (edited into the first post) works better for you & goes to your intended spot (think I got it right).

IMHO you've got a better chance of useful results from chassis bracing than from the front top strut bar or a simple trunk bar. The Massive trunk bar (with bracing) could help a LITTLE in a Hatch, doubt it'd do much in a sedan.

Front bottom cross brace makes sense, though I don't know how MUCH flex there is between the chassis horns.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
Bruce, you don't need better handling lolz.

Nothing stiffens a car up better than a roll cage IMHO.

This being said like Roger said(double saids lol), stiffening the lower points is the better option.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bruce, you don't need better handling lolz.

Nothing stiffens a car up better than a roll cage IMHO. Very true.

This being said like Roger said(double saids lol), stiffening the lower points is the better option.
I was just trying to get people to think other chassis stiffeners besides the typical strut tower brace.[idea]

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
No worries man, just being goofy. You are an asset here.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 8 of 8 Posts