Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found out (Not Official Yet) if we get at least 6 cars or more we can get a dyno-mite discount at ATS for use of their dyno. With a small or large group you can pay $40 for unlimited runs on the dyno for one stint per car. In other words you get as many runs on the dyno as you want but once you're off the dyno no going back. Thats alot cheaper than $25 a run with a minimum 2 runs. If anybody is interested ATS is located in the NorthEast Columbia, SC area. I can put this together if I get some positive Feedback on this and some Commitments from you guys! [:D]

·
Registered
73 Posts
You know D*** well I want in on that deal ... $40... even if you only do like 3 baseline runs... that's a great deal... *has ideas of nitrous* , does this include any kind of air/fuel or is it just HP and TQ?

·
Registered
73 Posts
hey mike its kristof. thats a little to steap for my budget right now but keep me informed ill come chill if it goes down

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
$40 for a as many runs as you want.. I think its a great deal.. However Im sure if includes fuel 2 air ratio's It may but I don't believe there is anyway they can adjust that unless you are running a apex-i or something in that lines they can just tell you it needs to be adjusted. Im not ready to run yet either.. I would like to wait just a bit longer besides we need more people. I got the info about the deal from Southern Shit [eek] Oops I mean Shift Its posted on the SCR website. Anyway..we need more peeps. David spread the word! and tell that slack ass daniel that it won't hurt his clutch in fact it will be a test to see if the bitch is really slipping and needs to be replaced (which I doubt!) [B)]

·
Registered
73 Posts
yeah dont get me wrong 40 is a great deak but onyl havein a cai i dont think its really worth it at this point. sounds to me like danile is using the clutch as an excuse lol j/k. does he ever race anyway?

·
Registered
73 Posts
yeah cause when he came to cola we raced on 26 and i pulled away from him pretty hard. i really think that exhaust makes him loose hp but just sound better

·
Registered
73 Posts
alright everyone sit down, my zx3 and intake will own you all... [:p] ok seriously, why not just do ricer math ... if Ford says my car makes 130 hp ... I'll take 130 add 15 for my intake total 145... my "exhaust" adds 10 so that's 155... [:D] ... actually I'm thinking of going to a full 2.5" pipe from the flex all the way back and keeping my current muffler, but now I'm plagued by a lack of funds and a need for exterior mods... hey Kristoff, let me know when you're ready to sell those SVT wheels to me and buy a nice set of 18s or seomthing [;)]

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It could be the intake Kristof. The cold air intake can add up to 20 Hp while the shorty only adds about 7 HP according to a test done in import tuner magazine. all the more reason for someone to put their car on the dyno and find out what their running and find out if those mods are helping any..

·
Registered
73 Posts
loly our liek a car sales man u never give up do u? i might just do dyno day depending on when it is. 20hp form a cai? maybe on some cars but i doubt i got more than 7-10 on my car

·
Registered
73 Posts
maybe on something like a Viper, if it had a 1" sized pipe pointing to the rear of the car with a filter the size of my computer monitor to begin with... and then replacing it with a 3" pipe pointed where it can recieve colder air and a K&N filter... that would be about the only way I could see it giving 20 hp to anything... [:D]

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well thats what I read in a magazine that did some dyno testing on AEMS cold air vs their shorty intake and a few others (it was an independant test that included Injen,AEM,Ractive,Aerospeed, and a couple others) Of course I think that was a N/A Acura NSX engine or something. What it comes down to is air density. cooler air makes more HP. and the CAI when in the right place can make mad HP cause according to the test it's intake temp was 10 degrees lower than the under hood temp. ie. Under hood temp was 128degrees and the intake temp was 111degrees. I had a shorty on mine until I read that article. Im still thinking of putting the shorty back on for when it rains though![:D]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts