Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone,

I've been a long time reader and I'm always finding new ways to spend my money here. Most of my mod plans are complete so I thought I'd put together a build thread to chart my progress, make myself known and say hi.

In January 2013 I bought a 2012 Ford Focus Sport. Not sure what this translates to in North America but it sits below a Titanium here.

The "mods" I had done at purchase were:

• Ford illuminated door scuff plates
  • CSA 17" Racetek alloys
  • DRL triangles

But since then

• Tint
  • Pedals
  • LED Taillights
  • LED projector headlights (twice!!)
  • Osram LEDambient lighting
  • Smoked centre brake light
  • RallyArmor mud flaps
  • K & N Typhoon CAI
  • Morimoto XB LED fog lights
  • US Titanium fog light bezels
  • ST "velocity" inlet and snorkel delete
  • E-RMM

My future mods:

• Eibach front and rear sway bars (to be delivered soon)
  • coilovers OR spings (Eibach Pro springs or a coilover)
  • stainless steel brake lines
  • Exhaust (magnaflow, stoffler, borla or custom)
  • Tyres (more grip)
  • Zetec S rear diffuser

I'm keen to hear any thoughts and recommendations on my future plans. Still undecided on a couple.
Also happy to give feedback on any of my mods and their suppliers if you have questions.

Happy modding!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Welcome! Looks super clean! Got any pics of the Ford illuminated door scuff plates in action?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #08
6,895 Posts
"LED projector headlights (twice!!)"

What happened there? Where did you get them? Welcome fellow 'Straylian [thumb]

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Unida,

I first bought a Spec-D set with the led strip that is also the blinker, without the halo. The right led strip would intermittently not turn on with the left. After lots of testing with the oem headlight unit and bulbs and plugs the problem was in the Spec-D unit.

Upgraded to a Spyder- "Black Halo Projector Headlights with LEDs" set from Mars Performance in Clayton (for a local warranty) and the build quality is noticeably better.

·
Registered
486 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Nice car! I think you forgot to mention the ST spoiler.

I love my Steeda RSB and Magnaflow Cat-back. I recommend both

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice car! I think you forgot to mention the ST spoiler.

I love my Steeda RSB and Magnaflow Cat-back. I recommend both
Hi Samu, thanks.

In Australia the ST spoiler is standard on our Sport and Titanium. Also I'm 99% sure my skirts are the same as the Zetec S. Again, standard trim for us.

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
Looks great. Ready to see what's to come.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Looks awesome man! excited to see how it looks lowered. I wish ours came standard with the ST spoiler and skirts. looks really good.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
After a couple weeks of driving with the e-focus rmm I highly recommend it. I know it's been written elsewhere countless times on this forum but it's a must have mod.

Others have said the best way to drive the DCT is to imagine it's a manual instead. This mount closes the difference and you won't have to juggle the revs as much. My best description would be it doesn't increase power but it gives you easier access to the power.

The install was easy (once I found the right tools :p). Studying the install video from CJ pony parts for a couple days helped a lot. Apparently the ST has an extra bracket that slots over the top of the mount points, I don't have that bit. Re-assembling was easy again remembering to torque to 70ft!

I've got this coupled with a K&N typhoon and ST air inlet and the overall responsiveness from stock has been huge. Very tempted to try the TTR upper mount to see what else can be extracted.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome! Looks super clean! Got any pics of the Ford illuminated door scuff plates in action?
Hey Rutherford, managed to get a night shot of my door scuff plates.
I'm always getting compliments for them :)

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
awesome! i have the fswerks poly insert for my RMM. it makes a noticeable difference but i've still considered upgrading to the E-RMM for even more stiffness. From what i have read about the upper mount is it makes a lot vibes in the cabin and is pretty noisy. Everyone who has installed has said it makes a great porformance upgrade if you can stand the extra vibration and noise.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Loving those. How do they get installed?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
awesome! i have the fswerks poly insert for my RMM. it makes a noticeable difference but i've still considered upgrading to the E-RMM for even more stiffness. From what i have read about the upper mount is it makes a lot vibes in the cabin and is pretty noisy. Everyone who has installed has said it makes a great porformance upgrade if you can stand the extra vibration and noise.
The fswerks insert is a clever product but I don't know if it gives the effect as E-RMM. The black circle of rubber is connected to the mount around the whole edge. The oem mount under the insert would still have those 2 thin connecting points which you can literally move with your finger. Another positive is the E-RMM being a Ford part so there's no compromise on comfort inside the cabin.

I think the TTR coupled with the E-RMM can work well but I still hear 50/50 approval from those who have it installed...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Loving those. How do they get installed?
Thanks guys! I had my Ford dealership install them at purchase because it was just another accessory in the brochure I had to have :)

I think i overheard them say the cabling was half done in the door frame and it was just a matter of mounting and plugging it in. Check post 3 here for the link and part number.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's been a while in between mods (allowing the bank balance to catch up.lol).

Finally got my Zetec S rear valance painted and installed today. Thanks to European Parts for the quick postage to Australia :)

Also got Eibach sway bars (front and rear) sitting in a box waiting for the next install :)

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #08
6,895 Posts
It's been a while in between mods (allowing the bank balance to catch up.lol).

Finally got my Zetec S rear valance painted and installed today. Thanks to European Parts for the quick postage to Australia :)

Also got Eibach sway bars (front and rear) sitting in a box waiting for the next install :)
Looks good, bet it wasn't cheap. Air freight?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts