Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Random Guy #31
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys not sure who is up on the news for Central Texas, but we got a few wildfires going around that had started yesterday. We have a lot of local friends who have been directly affected by these events and we want to put help raise money and supplies to help the families involved. We have a monthly show that we have here in Austin that we are trying to work with to set up in effort to aid those who need it. It will probably be in a few weeks depending on what we can set up. Im also going to get a hold of a few local clubs to see how big we can make this. If you want to help with this please let us know. We are looking for donations of all sorts like non-perishable food and clothing. The usual type of stuff needed. Over 400 homes have already been lost. I'll update this thread as we get more info figured out.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/05/wildfires-texas-austin-homes-destroyed_n_949181.html

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/local/...ope?ref=scroller&categoryId=10001&status=true

this is one of the pics from the local paper

·
what it be like
6,381 Posts
wow....i hope they get all those put out...fires are horrible i remember last year California had alot of really bad ones.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Bump this is very cool Alex I could see the Leander fire from my backyard and Bastrop is just plain scary

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
That major sucks ...

Um, I don't know if I would consider the post cool, deezx5 ... but it's definitely good of you to inform the TX members of what's going on, Alex.

My prayers to the families of lost homes and to the hard working firefighters trying to stop the blaze. To all be safe and let's hope no one gets seriously harmed by this.

-Ray-

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Very cool of Alex to put this together I meant fire is not cool. I'm currently worried that the field of dry grass, scrub bushes and cedar trees across the street from my house may be next to burn

1 - 7 of 7 Posts