Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told that some Projector Halo's may require charging the halos before installing.
Anyone familiar with this or had this done? Going to be ordering some of the KS projector Halos in a few weeks.

Anyone have any ideas projected life on the Halos, do they ever need replacing or not?

·
Registered
515 Posts
I have never heard of "charging" the halos before installing them...

The halos are nothing but plastic rings lit up by LEDs, and unless you do something to burn out the LEDs (like overcurrent, as they take VERY, VERY LITTLE current to work) they should give you many years of use. The normal LED will provide you with more than 100,000 hours of continuous use.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
The KS Halo Projectors don't have any current limiters for the LED's and will burn out if you don't install one.
The Halo LED's only require like .02 amps of current. Putting 12VDC across them will make them nice and bright but they will burn out very quickly.

·
Registered
793 Posts
when i installed mine, i put a resistor in, but they were to dim for me, so i removed the resistor

·
Registered
515 Posts
And I suspect that was not very long ago... they won't last long that way, and then you'll have to replace the LED

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
I've heard that replacing the LED is almost close to impossible.
I know a few have blow them and not sure if they ever got them replaced.

·
Focus Enthusiast
365 Posts
i have a set for sale. check out my sig.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts