Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just looking over my vehicle order confirmation sheet and noticed there's a charge on there for "PARTIAL GAS FIL 3 U.S. GAL GAS" at $15.

Eeesh, and I always thought they "threw in" a tank of gas with purchase.

Did anyone else get this?

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
thats always part of the build.

the DEALER will give you a free fill up

·
Registered
85 Posts
My dealer drove the car 75 miles to pick me up at the airpoint and I drove it 75 miles back to the dealership as my "test drive" before they filled it up with gas and made sure it was sparkling clean while I was signing paperwork.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So this is a standard fee Ford charges? Not something added in by my dealer?

I have a friend that works the lot at this dealership, so I'm sure my car will be filled up and minty clean. Just wondering if the charge is normal.

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
So this is a standard fee Ford charges? Not something added in by my dealer?

I have a friend that works the lot at this dealership, so I'm sure my car will be filled up and minty clean. Just wondering if the charge is normal.
Not for my car.. never heard of it before, actually. I didn't get charged for them filling it up with gas.
every manufacturer has it listed on the Monroney Sticker.

When I worked for VW, it was listed as "Destination and Delivery"

basically the $15 gets the car around the plant, around the trucking facility and to a gas station. lol.

·
Registered
113 Posts
The fuel charge is normal. If I recall correctly, I paid around $45. It was a printed line item on the invoice. I had A-plan, so the dealer wasn't allowed to add surcharges or "other" fees.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I was just looking over my vehicle order confirmation sheet and noticed there's a charge on there for "PARTIAL GAS FIL 3 U.S. GAL GAS" at $15.

Eeesh, and I always thought they "threw in" a tank of gas with purchase.

Did anyone else get this?
On my X plan order con it shows Fuel Charge $42.36! I guess Ford will be "throwing in a tank of gas" for me. Or they will be driving it Ferris Bueller style before it ships.....

·
Registered
519 Posts
This is part of the factory invoice. Every one pays this, they just don't know it. People who deal from invoice are more likely to see this listed, definitely if they request to see the actual invoice. People who deal from sticker never see it, but they're paying it still.

·
Registered
296 Posts
damn $5 a gallon though. lol.
That's a little low for this part of Canuckistan. Yesterday I paid $1.34 per litre for regular unleaded (87 octane E10), which equates to about $5.10 per US gallon. And the loonie trades at around $1.05 US these days, so that $5.35 in greenbacks.

·
Registered
218 Posts
That's a little low for this part of Canuckistan. Yesterday I paid $1.34 per litre for regular unleaded (87 octane E10), which equates to about $5.10 per US gallon. And the loonie trades at around $1.05 US these days, so that $5.35 in greenbacks.
Ouch! With E10? I used to pay about the same in Japan 20 years ago and when I moved back to the U.S. 12 years ago I swore that when gas hit 5 dollars a gallon I would change my ways and buy a fuel efficient car..... It has taken a little longer..... I think it is the kids will be going to college and will need more money than is being predicted that made me decide to change. Damn kids are expensive! But they are worth it....... And the Focus is a fun car for the money........

1 - 13 of 13 Posts