Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking on changing out my whole lighting style inside the car but for me to even think about doing it right I would need the TACH Light to be Blue. I've been doing some searching and I don't see anywhere on how to do it or even if it can be done. Would I have to take it to a dealer and have them possible change the color to blue or is there some aftermarket product that would be able to do it on an Auto 02 Focus SE?

I can pretty much handle all the rest of the light swapping myself it's just not worth it to waste my time if I can't change the TACH.

I really would love to have some feed back or any other questions.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can change the blubs but I was wanting to change the TACH before I started with the whole thing.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
ok you're still being very vague... but I'll try... ok take the guage faces off (the pieces of plastic that the numbers are printed on. on the back of the numbers theres a green film. use nail polish remover and scrub it off. either pain the back of the number the color you want, or leave it clear and change the bulb color.

if you want to change the needle color, then you need new needles from a contour (clear or any olor you paint them) or a taurus (red)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts