Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there:

I have 2007 Focus that has starting making some crazy screeching sounds after starting and while driving at times, the pitch increases with acceleration. I'm going to try and change the belt this weekend however I was wondering if it could be a seized or seizing pulley that is making the sound. Should all the pulleys rotate freely when the belt is off? Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
16,330 Posts
'Should all the pulleys rotate freely when the belt is off?'

Yes.

The belt tensioner can be dead too and do the same. It is considered good mechanical practice to change both belt and tensioner at the same time unless one is fairly new.

·
Registered
5 Posts

Yes.

The belt tensioner can be dead too and do the same. It is considered good mechanical practice to change both belt and tensioner at the same time unless one is fairly new.
[/Q

Yes.

all but the crank pully should turn freely when, changing the belt also change out the tensioner and idler pullys, make sure you have the right belt CA cars use longer ones, also check you water pump while your in there at replace if leaking

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey there:

I have 2007 Focus that has starting making some crazy screeching sounds after starting and while driving at times, the pitch increases with acceleration. I'm going to try and change the belt this weekend however I was wondering if it could be a seized or seizing pulley that is making the sound. Should all the pulleys rotate freely when the belt is off? Any advice would be appreciated.
check my reply in #4

1 - 5 of 5 Posts