Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
how do you change the front rotors out? a step by step would be cool. also, when i take the caliper off, do i have to worry about pushing the piston back in? do i have to blead the brakes? thanks.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
how do you change the front rotors out? a step by step would be cool. also, when i take the caliper off, do i have to worry about pushing the piston back in? do i have to blead the brakes? thanks.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
there is a link in the how too. and if you are changing the rotors, you will want to change the pads as well. so you will have to push the piston back in. its not that hard, just take your time when you do it and you will be okay. yeah you should always bleed just to make sure there is no air in the system. think safety. there is a how-to in the how-to section. but after you replace the brakes make a serious of 10-12 stops from 70mph to 10mph wihtout coming to a complete stop. then drive for as long as you can without using the brakes. good luck man.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
When I did mine I never had to push the caliper back or bleed the brakes. They were pretty easy to do.

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
yep all i did was take out the bolts and swung the calipers off the rotor and beat the rotors off with a mallet. came right off. intallation was exact opposite. the calipers slid right onto my new rotors without any problems.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Moved to: "Wheels, Tires, Brakes & Suspension "

1 - 7 of 7 Posts