Focus Fanatics Forum banner

changing out o2's

823 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  kritter 
#1 ·
well i got the easy one out but i need some advise on the second one... what is the best way to remove it i dropped my exhaust from the header to get to the first one but couldn't get a wrench on the second one.... any one know an easy way to get to it....

#3 ·
Go to autozone and pick up a o2 sensor tool. Its like a wrench with a socket end that also has a pivot point. Its perfect.... and than just take it back after your done. hahah thats what the guy told me to do.

Of course thats the easy way....

#4 ·
its not going to be easy to get out wile its up there. take the cat off and if your replacing the o2, cut off the wires and use a socket, much more surface area and you can add a cheater bar. be sure to put never seize on the threads so if you ever need to take them out again it will be much easier.

#5 ·
What boarder said, I regret not going and getting one when I changed my pre cat sensor, had to drop the whole cat and those 5 bolts were on there like no other!!

#6 ·
sweet i have never seen a kit like that before... i tried to use a o2 socket on the pre cat sensor in the past but i couldn't get it on their cause of the header.

where did you find a full kit like that tho? i would like to have that....

#7 ·
a lil bit of heat to it will help ya out... Even let the car run a lil bit prior to trying to break it free. It will come loose a lot easier. You can use an adj wrench to get it. That's usually what i do with the stuborn one with less room

#8 ·
the flange with the header gets in the way but dont put the o2 sensor socket all the way to the bottom. Let it just get on there so you can have grip to get it out. and the flange wont get in the way than. You have to go from the left side of the exhaust. (if you were facing the car) thats the only decent space you have to get it out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.