Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi; anybody know how can remove the factory handbreak easily to replace it cause it s too tight. If anybody have an idea please inform me

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
Are you asking how to make the parking break looser?

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
I think what you are asking is if you can loosen it so that you have to pull it up farther to engage it. If thats the case, there is a screw on the left side of the handle near the back of it that you can tighen and loosen to adjust how much you need to pull the lever in order to engage the break. It is pretty easy to access if you remove your center console. that requires you taking the screws out from under the cupholders and there is one in the back that has a cap on in. you also need to remove the center armrest if you have one. pull the plastic piece off the back, and remove the two screws and you should be good to go. if you have any questions, shoot me a pm, and ill take some pics for you.

·
暗炎
1,925 Posts
^^The boot around the ebrake snaps out. You don't have to take out the center console to adjust it.

However, if for some reason you did need to change the handle assembly, you would need to remove the center console.

It does sound like it just needs a little adjustment.

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
yea, you can definately do it by removing the boot. i just was lazy and took the whole thing out (i know that doesnt seem like the lazy way, but it was easier for me)

·
Registered
262 Posts
yep. losen the screw a little bit. i did the opposite of u recently. mine was too loose. and above the scree is this stupid clip. i broke it trying to pull it off, but mine handle isnt become tiger or looser, so i guess u dont need it.

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
^just make sure you didnt tighten it too much, or you will have ebrake drag.

·
Registered
53 Posts
its just a screw you tighten!!?for #@*#sakes my car hasnt had an ebrake for 5 years. im going to fix that right now!thank you!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts