Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 01 SE with an SPI and a 5 speed. The lights in the cluster are pretty much done and need to be changed. I was thinking about just getting another cluster since mine does not have a tachometer. Is this possible? If so, how easy or difficult is it? Any input would be great.

·
Registered
26 Posts
From what I'm finding all other trim and submodel clusters with a tach will work on your car simply plug and play. Getting one should be easy most pick and pulls likey have a few mk1s. As for difficulty it about as easy as it gets. Remove the trim around the cluster remember the trunk release is attached. After that there are 4 screws holding it to the dash. Lastly unplug the wire harness and it's out. If memory serves should only need 8mm and 10mm sockets with an extension.
https://forums.focaljet.com/showthread.php/417850-no-rpm-gauge-options-HELP!

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I have an 01 SE with an SPI and a 5 speed. The lights in the cluster are pretty much done and need to be changed. I was thinking about just getting another cluster since mine does not have a tachometer. Is this possible? If so, how easy or difficult is it? Any input would be great.
Replacement cluster must come from a car that had the SPI engine. Cluster will show the odometer reading of the donor car. The odometer can be reprogrammed but you need to send to a place that has the equipment.
Paul

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found a great cluster with a tach and grey color on the gauges. Plugged it in and it works great. Best part was only about 180 miles difference in the mileage, figure that isn't enough to warrant the money for the reprogramming.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Found a great cluster with a tach and grey color on the gauges. Plugged it in and it works great. Best part was only about 180 miles difference in the mileage, figure that isn't enough to warrant the money for the reprogramming.
[thumb]
Paul

1 - 6 of 6 Posts