Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a pair of Sylvania Silverstar 9003 ST's for my Focus, I know how to unclip the metal arm but I cant figure out which way it turns to pull em out? The owners manual says counter clockwise but when I tried that you could feel some resistance, and they would not come out, I could see the stock bulb moving around in its housing but that is as far as i got., and the last thing I need to do is break the SOB's.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I can't remember which way I turned mine but I also went by the manual. It took me about 10 minutes to finally get the bulb out. I would just go by what your manual tells you and you will be fine. Sorry I can't remember though.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
yeah, they aren't the kind that turn into place. once you get the clip out of the way (and I mean COMPLETELY out of the way bc that little bugger likes to get hung up!), the bulb should just pull right out. When you go to put them in, make sure you align those tabs correctly (notice that the tabs on the bulbs are different widths? yeah, that's why!). pull the clip back over the light and snap it back in. re-hook the harness and put the little bootie back on and that's it. hardest part for me was getting the damn clip back over the bulb and into place. having a friend with small hands definetely helps.

Mike

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I definitely do not have small hands, guess ill look at it in a few minutes.

F

·
0 Posts
i agree with whiteboyslo when i replaced mine i kept on messing with that stupid clip and if you don't get completely out of the way they won't come out.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
make sure u use gloves

·
Registered
318 Posts
make sure not to touch the bulbs, if you get your oil from your hands on it they can cause the bulbs to malfunciton and burn out

·
Registered
123 Posts
I replaced mine last night. I had to play with that damn clip for about ten minutes. Best I can figure is that on mine and probably yours to since you have the same year. Is that clip kindof coils around the back end of the bulb. So I had to push up and counterclockwise and direct it back all at the same time. hard to explain. Then the hardest thing was getting it back on. My hands are not small so it is a pain in the ass. But I got them suckers.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had our local stereo shop install em, its hell having big ass hands[:(]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts