Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok maybe its just me but im so anal about my head unit colors matching my dash light and door looks etc.. lights I have seen the some of the walk throughs that show the dash mods led etc.. Im not sure if im up to it the write up is kinda complicated to me.. Maybe it would seem easier if I actually took a look at the inside of some of the switches but Im scared. Is there anyone in the NE OHIO area or south to columbus that would be able to do the mod for me for some cash >? Just thought I would ask or maybe somone can give me a little easier method or hold my hand lol..

Thanks
JD

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you have a way that you can make the numbers on my stock cluster blue? not the whole unit just the mph and rpms ? basically I want the blue and red look of a VW dash ?

Bsically kinda like your powerline dash but I want to do that with the stock gauges ?

FORD FOCUS GAUGES 00-06 BLACK FACE POWERLINE SERIES GAUGES
[PWRLNE]

Thanks for your help.

JD

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I've never taken apart my dash in the Focus but in my old 626 if you take the guages out on the back is a green film sort of thing, if you take nail polish remover and a q-tip it rubs off after a few minutes, worked great!

·
Registered
174 Posts
eurofocer said:
Wouldn't recommend these! Bought them last week and installed new "brighter" LED dash lights. NOT AT ALL BRIGHTER! Emailed the company.......still no response.

Just a heads up so your not as frustrated as I am.
I thought that the SVT's came with Electroluminescent gauge faces. The faces would light up by themselves w/o the use of light bulbs.

Maybe I'm wrong...

·
Registered
63 Posts
eurofocer said:
Wouldn't recommend these! Bought them last week and installed new "brighter" LED dash lights. NOT AT ALL BRIGHTER! Emailed the company.......still no response.

Just a heads up so your not as frustrated as I am.

Ok, I found your email, it was in my Junk Email folder, sent you a reply.

I would assume that the bulbs do not even light up once you put them into the SVT cluster? I have no idea honestly what would happen. I do know that the SVT gauges are EL, so there is no need for bulbs. Which I thought everyone knew, but mistakes do happen I understand.

Many ppl have bought and praised the led conversion kit, I even have pics on the forum if you look around showing the difference.

I would gladly refund your money upon receipt of the bulbs back.

Thanks,
Tyler

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Any time frame of when we can expect the new needles and a price range? I'm thinking I may get the contour needles, but if yours are comming out soon I'll just wait.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Speedhut.com can make EL GLO gauges just about any way you want them (make them look stock even, mine a black face with red markings and lighting), even putting custom images on them! The sky is the limit. I absolutely love mine and get compliments on them like crazy! If you get them, get the upgraded $8 inverter..it makes them a little brighter, it's worth the extra $8.

I used red needles from a 2001 Taurus. The fuel and temp needles had to be trimmed just a bit on the ends. Because the Taurus tach needle is a little shorter, you'll have to use 2x Taurus speedometer needles (which are the perfect length) for your tach and speedo. No coloring needed! They light up bright red and match my guage lighting perfectly! Of course, this is for those who want red needles. BTW, the part that slides onto the needle dial doens't have that crapy "peg" sticking off of it, so I think it looks a lot cleaner. I've been asked several times where I got the needles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts