Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought a 2001 ZX3 yesterday and i hate the yellow city/signal lights in the grille. can they be changed to white? if so, where can i find what i need to change it? please help. thanx.[?|]

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
[welcome] About the grille lights, as far as I know, they need t blnk orange. I remember a little while ago there was a grille on eBay that looked stock except for the plastic lenses being clear, if you kept the orange bulbs in you'd be fine. Other than that I don't know what you can do short of buying headlights with integrated turn sigs (still orange, but small) and a Euro grille. Good luck finding an alternative you like, I know the orange bugs me too!

·
Registered
34 Posts
i seen these clear grills, need to try and dig out where though, as for the orange bulbs, you guys not got the bulbs that look silver but flash orange when used?

baz

·
Registered
47 Posts
y dont u just tint the orange parts black...thas wat i did, i did the blinkers and the bumper lights, and the tail lights...i thought it was a good solution!![thumb]

·
Registered
489 Posts
Focus0nMe13 said:
y dont u just tint the orange parts black...thas wat i did, i did the blinkers and the bumper lights, and the tail lights...i thought it was a good solution!![thumb]
do you have pictures of what that looks like?
it sounds like an interesting solution.
are they still bright enough when they blink?
have you had any trouble from cops?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Focus0nMe13 said:
did you just spray paint them? how did you tint them?[thumb]

·
Registered
793 Posts
best way if you dont want orange singnals, get the euro grille set, and then convery to mach edition/SVT headlights with the clear turn signal housing built in

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
re

EuroZX3Focus said:
best way if you dont want orange singnals, get the euro grille set, and then convery to mach edition/SVT headlights with the clear turn signal housing built in
where can i find the euro grille set?

·
Registered
650 Posts
That's nice, are they ever cheaper? I think I'll use the nightshade solution for now and look into buying this grill... thanks fokuzsport for posting the link!

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
i can get them between 40-90 dollars.. im looking in to it right now to get a bundle. if i have diffent buyers then i will go ahead and get about 10ish

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
euro grilles

fokuzsport said:
i can get them between 40-90 dollars.. im looking in to it right now to get a bundle. if i have diffent buyers then i will go ahead and get about 10ish
ill take one of those grilles as we've discussed.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Got one for SVT?

·
Registered
489 Posts
everyone's got their preferences. i like mine, but then again i have the sangria red focus.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts