Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to change the battery in the Titanium key fob? I can open the fob and get to the spare key but can't find a way to get to the battery. I don't need to replace it yet of course but would rather figure this out now than when jammed up at some later point.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
747 Posts
dealer told me it lasts like 7 years, i'll look around and update if i find something

·
Registered
218 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Does anyone know how to change the battery in the Titanium key fob? I can open the fob and get to the spare key but can't find a way to get to the battery. I don't need to replace it yet of course but would rather figure this out now than when jammed up at some later point.

Thanks,
Chris
It probably will be easier to remove if/when the battery dies because by then there are bound to be a ot more people who already changed their battery and they can help you with the steps.
I think few people would've tried to change the battery already

·
Registered
218 Posts
Weird, the link works perfectly for me.... I will remove it from the post and just put up the link to the Ford Owners site.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hey guys, sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I'm wondering what you guys used to pry open the fob.

I'm trying to replace the battery on mine, but I can't seem to pry the two halves apart.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey guys, sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I'm wondering what you guys used to pry open the fob.

I'm trying to replace the battery on mine, but I can't seem to pry the two halves apart.
Yes I am wondering the Same thing. I started getting the low battery warning today on both key fobs. Funny that I started getting the warning on both fobs the Same Dayand just After the Dealer finished doing an oil change....

·
I WILL correct you.
5,328 Posts
Take out the key from the FOB (slide the lever in pic):

Then place the key like this:

There is a little beefy plastic piece, twist key. FOB back pops off.

Replace battery, snap back, back on

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks but unfortunately my titanium key fob does Not look like that. The key just sits inside the fob. The instruction manualhas me remove the key from the fob, but then IT is unclear how to get the fob apart.

·
I WILL correct you.
5,328 Posts
Mine is a Ti FOB as well, from a 2013.

·
I WILL correct you.
5,328 Posts
Thanks but unfortunately my titanium key fob does Not look like that. The key just sits inside the fob. The instruction manualhas me remove the key from the fob, but then IT is unclear how to get the fob apart.
I just gave you a step by step to do exactly that. Remove the key. Follow steps as pictured.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Mine is a 2012 fob.

It's different from yours because I have to remove the faceplate then the key.

The part where I'm having problems is where I try to separate the two halves of the fob apart. The manual says to twist at a certain area of the fob and then pry the halves apart, but it doesn't seem to work.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

·
I WILL correct you.
5,328 Posts
My fob looks very different. I do not have the slide lever, and there is no "beefy" part on the edge, or anywhere else that I can see.
I fail. [facepalm] Don't know how else to help you other than to recommend you have the dealer do it and show you for next time. They break it they buy it, right? [unsure]

·
Read Only
0 Posts
You'll see two notches cut out of each side of the remote. Insert a small screwdriver into that notch gently force the blade between the two halves, & twist. The two halves snap apart, and you can replace your battery. Don't be afraid..it won't break. Mine ran through the washer and dryer before I had to take it apart & dry it out. Still works great.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts