Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Could be a sticky, but here's some info of changes after the 2008 model year. EDIT: I posted links further down to Blue Oval News forums, where order guides in PDF were attached and can be downloaded. The changes for 2009 were extensive.

Colors are in different post.

Chrome side trim removed from SE and SES. Reat head rests added. New gauge fonts. SEL replaces SE Deluxe package.

Outside temperature display and interior trunk release button added on all series 12/1/08.

New option for 2009 Focus was electronic stability control (ESC), which uses sensors and anti-lock braking system to help correct skids.

S coupe dropped; more standard features on SE coupe, including the dark grille, lights, tails. SES coupe got new standard 17 inch wheels, leather wrapped steering wheel, chrome exhaust tip, with Euro suspension tuning.

The SES sedan did not get the black coupe dress up items, yet. But, the 17 inch wheels were optional. Suspension tuning was was same 2 door, also.

New for 2009, SEL models include 16-inch Euroflanged alloy wheels, chrome door handles, chrome heated mirrors, leather trimmed heated seats, and Ford SYNC™.

Compass display [added 12/1/08], Ambient lighting, Sirius are standard on SEL and SES.

The chrome side vent is gone on SEL. ABS, ESC, message center, remote keyless entry, and My Key standard on all trims.

SES sedan/coupe: Unique front and rear fascias, 17” painted rims, Performance tuned suspension, dark chrome grille, smoked head and tail lights.
SE Sedan Appearance package; 15” alloys with dark finish, spoiler, fog lamps.

Sedan S and SE, Coupe S: base suspension, no rear stabilizer bar and 15" wheels.
Sedan SEL, Coupe SE: "enhanced" suspension with rear stabilizer bar and 16" wheels.
Sedan and Coupe SES: "performance enhanced" suspension with rear stabilizer bar and 17" wheels.

No more manual trans in SEL. Ambient lighting removed from SE, Moonroof not available on SE, Sirius not available on S.
All Coupes dropped.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
No Sirius in '10 S sedan, trust me.
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
No Sirius on my 10 s. I hate it anyway

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
My 08 has a button for Sirius, just saying.

·
3rd Time's the Charm
1,943 Posts
Soooo I have an '08 SES. Was there a firmware update that allowed for the outside temp and/or compass display? I'm batting there's some sensors missing for that... :(

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is there an LED display next to the Info Display in a 2008? I seems possible to retrofit, just have to figure out how.

·
3rd Time's the Charm
1,943 Posts
Is there an LED display next to the Info Display in a 2008? I seems possible to retrofit, just have to figure out how.
Not sure what you mean, but I have the audiophile package, so it had the full 15-20 character readout on the dashtop, and the full digital DIC in the cluster.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just went out and checked mine. I do have the LEDs for it, but it doesn't come on. Same for all those above the temp area and the other side. (Saw a fan light and others on the left) Must just mean I have a super early 09 series? lol

·
Registered
573 Posts
I have a 2010 with no key hole in the trunk......sorry looked at the post wrong on the first page I guess all 10s have no key hole.

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
I just went out and checked mine. I do have the LEDs for it, but it doesn't come on. Same for all those above the temp area and the other side. (Saw a fan light and others on the left) Must just mean I have a super early 09 series? lol
this display is also used in the escape and i think the fusion. these cars show the fan speed

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
The outside temp is from the IAT sensor in the intake, all of our cars have them just some are not turned on.
My '10 S has it on, its the only thing still working on mine besides "DVD" because i replaced the factory deck

1 - 20 of 39 Posts