Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the way home decided to stop at Home Depot and pick some Plastidip up. You spray it on and if you don't like the look of it you can rub it off/peel it off. I like the look of it and i might try a Color matched ring around the lip of the wheel to set it off a little bit.

Before:

After:

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Dang those wheels look like 20's with that 4x4 look lol. So it peels off with no residue?

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup takes some pressure to do it so it won't "Just rub or peel off" I noticed after i sprayed them they looked a lot bigger. I need a drop bad its in the works though.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ha hopefully brake dust doesn't show up on it. All 4 wheels havign brake dust was a common problem with them being silver.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Good Job Now534..How many cans did you buy for all four rims?..What was the wait time for drying?.And did it go on smooth?.Looks good though.I was gonna try this also..I just might..

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
Looks Good I might try this on my other car. Silver wheels get dirty so fast!

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I used 1 can on all 4 wheels it dried within about 5 minutes the last wheel i sprayed and instantly drove after spraying so it has a few wind runs but still doesn't look to bad. I bought 2 cans total and i believe they were about $3 a can at Home Depot.

My friends had it on his Civic for a couple months now and from what i've seen they haven't flaked/peeled off yet.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
not bad might try it, my wheels i used wheel paint but they need redone. try it on your trim know...looks a bit fadded compaired to your wheels

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think im gonna try it on the Triangle trim and the B pillars or i'll order glossy vinyl

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Did the Driver Side B-pillar and Triangle today didn't turn out half bad in my opinion.

Before Triangle:

After Triangle 2 Coats:

B-Pillar Trim Done(forgot to take pictures you already know how faded they get:

Another Angle on Triangle:

·
[:)][:)][:)][:)] I got this!!!!
4,184 Posts
its very nice! i have them on my wheels too... nice part is you can spray them on then use like another paint color as well then just peel it all off!

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thats what i thought about doing. Also Mineral Spirits on a Rag makes for removal very fast and easy that way you don't burn your finger from to much friction. (Oops)

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
its been about 100 here with heat index hasn't had a problem haven't had to do any heavy braking though.

·
Registered
734 Posts
its been about 100 here with heat index hasn't had a problem haven't had to do any heavy braking though.
That's kinda what I was thinking. Wheels get pretty hot under heavy braking. I'm curious if it would hold up

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i haven't had to heavy brake at all in this car yet and hope i don't have to (knock on wood) But its holding up great on the wheels. I'll test this out on the pillars and and see how long they last to the elements and daily touching

1 - 19 of 19 Posts