Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I changed the plugs on my Focus last night and now there is a engine miss fire. I used the Champion Platinum Plus plugs. Gapped to .60. I noticed that they were very hard to get back on. In fact I could still see a sealing rings on the plug boot.
Should I be able to see any of the rings on the plug boot?
I would think no, I even tapped it with a hammer and it doesn't seem to want to go any more...

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
pull them out again, make sure to pull everything out, sometimes a plastic ring from the wires gets stuck in there... when you double check everything put them back again... not really sure whats going on, but you need to start somewhere... good luck and welcome to FF

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
see if you cant find the coil pack firing order...you might have mixed up 2 wires. Or the boots havent been properly set (pushed) onto the plugs.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
also, you would want to check to make sure the spark plugs are seated properly!!! if the connections are bad, then you won't get spark. and if its not misfirering every cycle, then double check ur gapping.

·
anti svt
2,731 Posts
well you dont need them gaped to half an inch for one thing. also go to ford and get some good plugs take those back to canadian tire and well you know what to tell them. you can gap them to 0.060 if yo ulike

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
USE AUTOLITE OR MOTORCRAFT.

I don't know how many times I have to yell at you people for this. I've explained it many many times as to why. 99% of the time that fixes the problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts