Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, sorry to bother you but my Instrument Cluster is failing and I wonder if you can change that I have for this one.
I have this:

and I want to change this:

any help will be good. thx

·
Registered
64 Posts
I think it should be possible. At the german forum a guy did this.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I don't see why it wouldn't be possible, but I use possible lightly. It could be simple plug-and-play, but it could also involve more components that don't come with base or 'S' model trims.

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
Look at twentys threads he recently put in a new guage face.

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
The worse could be the BCM refuse to connect to the new IPC....

·
Registered
763 Posts
Look at twentys threads he recently put in a new guage face.
He wants to change his IPC display though. It's filled with info that his focus wouldn't relate to. It may power up and give him a big blank screen. Might be good to find a dash pod in a salvage yard over paying new prices just in case it doesn't work.

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
Oooh! Now i see it. I totally misunderstood what he was trying to do. Hey he might as well go all the way and swap an ST dash in.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Hi, sorry to bother you but my Instrument Cluster is failing and I wonder if you can change that I have for this one.
I have this:

and I want to change this:

any help will be good. thx
Forgive me for asking the obvious, but if you drive a 2014 model, why wouldn't you claim this repair under factory warranty? Do you not have a warranty on your car? Just wondering...

·
Registered
289 Posts
Forgive me for asking the obvious, but if you drive a 2014 model, why wouldn't you claim this repair under factory warranty? Do you not have a warranty on your car? Just wondering...
Assuming the top picture is of his cluster, he does not have a 2014 model (the Fuel and Temperature gauges were changed.)

In any case -- OP, here is the thread where the gentleman from Austria swapped his instrument cluster: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=489417&highlight=instrument+cluster

He pulled it from a junked C-Max and while I didn't get through the whole thread, it looks like you need to employ FoCCCus and find some firmware. It looks do-able though which is what is important.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts