Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been doing some searching and I've only been able to find new gauge faces for focuses 99-07... If anyone has any advice It would be much appreciated :)

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
As far as I know, the only gauges they have for this gen is the black faces from the 08-09 and white face from the 10-11

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
the black face gauges are standard in the "s"models the light grey gauges are a trait of the se and up models, I dont know about changing the cluster colors thought I do know that these do have "my color"as an option.

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
badazz, I have a base focus "s" and mine did come with the Silver face cluster. In yet it is a 2010

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
My 2010 "S" has a silver gauge face as well. Personally I like it just like it is, my old ranger had black gauges that I changed to white. Overall I like the look of the newer Focus'

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine are white but I'm looking for something a bit more... Purple ;) Cause thats just more my style. So looks like I'm gonna have to make it myself - Should be exciting :]

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Mine are white but I'm looking for something a bit more... Purple ;) Cause thats just more my style. So looks like I'm gonna have to make it myself - Should be exciting :]
would like to see the finished outcome. May i ask, what are you looking for? the actual style of the gauge or just the night visual?

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I have the black cluster in my 08. Been debating whether or not to custom do something with red since the car is red and the needles for the gauges are red.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
My ideas are to either
A) Custom make a white face, with transparent purple numbering
B) make black gauge faces then have transparent purple numbering
C) Fit transparent purple pieces over the existing gauge face

(Hope that I explained that properly)

Im aiming for A, but I'll have to play it by year and see how everything is once i get in there... Plus I dont want too much purple, dont want to over do it.

The other thing I have been considering is that if I change the colour of the gauge numbers, it wont match the rest of the buttons in the car... Does anyone know if its possible to take the buttons etc off so i can change that shitty green colour? I bet it would come off with some acetone.

I will definitely post pictures along the way- so no worries! That way you will know if its worth the hassle and you can learn from any mistakes i may make :p

·
Registered
76 Posts
The gauges have always been one of my favorite aspects of the car, not sure why. They have a boy racer, need for speed look to them without being tasteless, IMO anyway.

·
Registered
249 Posts
the black face gauges are standard in the "s"models the light grey gauges are a trait of the se and up models, I dont know about changing the cluster colors thought I do know that these do have "my color"as an option.
When did Ford offer the "my color" option on Focus'? I would have opted for that as well but it wasn't available in 2010.

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
When did Ford offer the "my color" option on Focus'? I would have opted for that as well but it wasn't available in 2010.
I think they're talking about the accent lighting that came with the SES models in 2010. Its just leds that light up the cup holders, foot wells, and rear foot panels..

·
Registered
249 Posts
I think they're talking about the accent lighting that came with the SES models in 2010. Its just leds that light up the cup holders, foot wells, and rear foot panels..
I think so too. I'm pretty sure I got every upgrade available at the time.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
yep that's exactly what I'm talking about...I'm a dummy i thought you could change the gauge color too.......actually wait my color on the mustang you can......LOL

·
Registered
249 Posts
yep that's exactly what I'm talking about...I'm a dummy i thought you could change the gauge color too.......actually wait my color on the mustang you can......LOL
I wish they had that on the 99-04 stangs. The drab green color is atrocious so I installed an indiglo overlay. ;-)

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
I have my own Interior lighting. LEDGlow 7 color

1 - 20 of 43 Posts