Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching craigslist for a set of SVT seats and came across a listing for a set in Minnesota and the guy said he was going to throw them in the trash on 11/21/11 if they weren't sold so I figured I could get them insanely cheap if I offered him some money to pick them up. Sadly the driving distance would be too far for me so maybe someone here could get a great deal out of it. Here's the LINK.

I just don't want to see a set of somewhat rare seats to get trashed.

·
@redwoodone
9,432 Posts
Shit I hope he didn't trash them.. that's a 4-5 hour drive but if he'll bite on $100 I'll make the trip. If he's that serious about tossing them.. and still has them.. any money for them is better than no money.

·
@redwoodone
9,432 Posts
Looks like I will probably be getting these.. [clap]

Thanks for posting man! Would have never seen it otherwise.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Did you pick these up? I looked into these as well.. He lives in Princeton, MN. about a 2-3 hour drive for me.... But he wanted 300 for the front... I just wanted the driver's side, and I couldn't justify the gas and the 300 for a whole setup that i'm only using 1 piece of... and I especially couldn't justify paying 300 bucks for someone else's trash...

I have a set of EAP Recaros instead..

·
@redwoodone
9,432 Posts
Yes sir. I picked up the whole interior.. front seats, rear seats, and door cards for a total of $150. [hihi] It's all in really good condition. Very minimal wear on the top of the driver side headrest and the only real complaint is that the left seat bottom bucket in the driver side seat is, not necessaril broken? But it doesn't support you as it should. So your butt kind of leans to that side but it's only really noticeable on long trips.

I had to drive 6 hours one way to get them.. but whatever. Lol. 3 tanks of gas @ $40 each. So if you want to get technical, I spent just under $300 total to get them but only $150 went to him.

Actually, $155 because I picked up an SVT center console from him also for $5.

·
Banned
54 Posts
Ballin on a budget.

*this post made by and approved by the one and only Dino via extra-terrestrial communimacations.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Well, i'm glad they went to a good home, and not in the trash... I just wanted the driver's seat.. .and I would have preferred heated seats, but I didn't want to travel the 3+ hours for something that was going to go into the trash.

Great pickup and a great price, congrats!!!

·
@redwoodone
9,432 Posts
Yeah I asked him about that and he said he was only saying that to sell them quickly. Which bit him in the ass. Obviously lol. He said everyone low balled him because he was "just gonna throw them away anyway."

But he was a cool guy. I'm glad they were able to go to a Fanatic and live on in another Fofo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts