Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Cfm sent me an email of the same instructions. So in order to seperate the inner and outter housing. I have to burn out the bushing and cut the inner sleeve off? Am I correct? [scratch]

·
w/ my magic bag
29,321 Posts
Cfm sent me an email of the same instructions. So in order to seperate the inner and outter housing. I have to burn out the bushing and cut the inner sleeve off? Am I correct? [scratch]
The bushing goes between the arm & the shell housing which bolts up to the sub frame cradle w/ 2 bolts per side. Grab the stock arm & pull arm out of the bushing/sleeve combo & then press out the rubber bushing out of the shell. I found it easier to install the bushing w/ a press into the shell & then the leg of the arm goes into that.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,321 Posts
So i need to keep the sleeve?
Yup, as that bolts up to the cradle for the rear leg of the arm. Looking at the arm= the rear leg of the arm gets bolted up to the cradle w/ the sleeve & the poly bushing goes between the arm/leg & sleeve.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,321 Posts
You guys are talking bout the inner sleeve right?
The sleeve or the housing/bracket for the rear of the control arm. For that the bushing fits over the leg of the control arm & the housing/bracket fits over the bushing & gets bolted down w/ two nuts & bolts. I use the box end of the wrench to hold the nuts & rattle the bolts on. I beleive the torque is 80lbs for the 2 rear bolts & the front bolt, that goes to the front part of the control arm.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Not sure why but every shop couldn't get the bushings in. I'm not sure if the 05 and up use a different size bushing. It took some thinking, I decided to cut one line all the way down the sleeve. This gave me a gap to put a screw driver in and spread the sleeve. With some grease I was able to push it in by hand. It worked out perfectly, its not going to come back out with out a press. Since the bracket clamps the sleeve into place it should close the gap

·
Ph00ked bey0nd belef
6,279 Posts
anyone have a PDF copy of the instructions? I never got them, my arms came second hand! #[sadpanda]

·
Registered
19 Posts
Bring this back from the dead:

Does anyone know the thread pattern and bore size of the heim joints? I need a new one and want to buy greaseable heims with zerk fittings ....CFM doesn’t have greasable ones:-/

·
w/ my magic bag
29,321 Posts
Bring this back from the dead:

Does anyone know the thread pattern and bore size of the heim joints? I need a new one and want to buy greaseable heims with zerk fittings ....CFM doesn’t have greasable ones:-/
A heim joint is not a ball joint.....Just order a pr from CFM or whoever sells QA-1's....Also get a pr of boots too...Kinda weird that you need to replace one. They are offered in 2 & 3 piece btw. Jump on QA-1's site & read about them to give you a idea.......I've had mine for yrs & yrs w/ no issues at all...

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have the boots on them, and they have only been on the car for just over a year?!?
— I def know what heim joints are, as I have used them for years on my Subaru’s.—
After looking at it last night one definitely went/is going bad, and that side makes a terrible intermittent creek when turning slow. . . Thought it was the strut at first but they are new too.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,321 Posts
I have the boots on them, and they have only been on the car for just over a year?!?
— I def know what heim joints are, as I have used them for years on my Subaru’s.—
After looking at it last night one definitely went/is going bad, and that side makes a terrible intermittent creek when turning slow. . . Thought it was the strut at first but they are new too.
Very could be weather/temp related for the strut mounts, I've never had a issue/problem w/ a heim joint & I've had quite a few. If you need to replace it, jump on http://c-f-m.com & order a pr.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts