Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when I installed my cfm sts I couldnt get the car into reverse. After beating my brains out trying to take it apart and put it back together, I finally figured out the problem was with the adapter plate. It was hitting the shifter and not allowing it to go far enough over to hit reverse. So after removing the plate, the shifter works like a charm. Anyone else seen that?

·
BACON?
3,170 Posts
i installed mine a month ago its a little stiff going in to reverse but other than that i have not had any problems.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mines smooth as glass without the place, I'll be going in to remove the counterweight next.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
my linkage popped off about a year ago. when i installed my sts from cfm, 2 months ago, there was no reverse adjusted it and had no 5th or 6th but had reverse took about an hour b4 i had all the gears from adjusting the linkage

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll read up on how to adjust the linkage and try it again, its working like a charm for now though.

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
mines smooth as glass without the place, I'll be going in to remove the counterweight next.
I removed mine and it will not be smooth.

So if you lie smooth leave it on. I like a little resistance when going into gear so i can feel the gate. Removing the counter weight will do this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts