Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ray Jay, here's your videos.

FYI: this video was done on a road with a speed limit of 75 MPH. I believe I hit 80 MPH when i got off of it. PLEASE DO NOT SPEED. SPEEDING KILLS!!

Casual Shift:

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
nice! those are going in the favorites lol. looks a helluva lot more solid than stock. how much shorter are the throws than stock? they do look shorter but not by much to me... i'll go make a video of mine then compare to yours...

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nice! those are going in the favorites lol. looks a helluva lot more solid than stock. how much shorter are the throws than stock? they do look shorter but not by much to me... i'll go make a video of mine then compare to yours...
Oh no, there is a Major difference in throws. I'd say the throw is reduced to about 20%.

**edit

Ahh dont worry about TJing...

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Those shifts look a lot smoother. I got a cheep mod to fix the shifter boot.
If you pull the material up off the plastic part a little and put a zip tie around the boot on the inside it will pull the material around the handle and look a hundred times better. I'll take a few pictures in a minute and show you what I mean.

Bob

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Those shifts look a lot smoother. I got a cheep mod to fix the shifter boot.
If you pull the material up off the plastic part a little and put a zip tie around the boot on the inside it will pull the material around the handle and look a hundred times better. I'll take a few pictures in a minute and show you what I mean.

Bob
Im working on that, wife is taking my car to work tomorrow so I cant do nothing right now. Its too dark..

show pics plz

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
here is the quick fix for a crappy looking boot. (now no giving me crap about my shifter, still got to cut it down)
pull up the boot,
Place ziptie around boot,

Put boot back.

Done!

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
yo Slammed 2.0 ...since you have the STS let me ask you... has the shifting effort increased any w/ the new shifter?? i read somewhere last night about them and they say the effort is increased.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I installed a Steeda short shifter in my 08. The throw is GREATLY reduced and the shift effort also is reduced. I am unfamiliar with the CFM model in this thread but if its works like the Steeda model I have in my car its WELL WORTH THE MONEY!. These type of shifters should have been installed OEM by Ford in all manual transmission Focuses!. I have noticed some forum members just cut and re thread their stick shift shaft and try to say they have a short shifter. DONT CHEAP OUT do yourselves a favor and get the REAL THING!. A true short shifter really changes the cable mounting location and angle for a much faster, smoother, better and a truly shorter throw shift. I assume the CFM model does this also, I personally don't know the specifications of the CFM model. But I do know a good and TRUE short throw shifter makes the Focus much more fun to drive!. GOOD JOB Slammed_2.0 and thanks for the video!

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
When i did installed the CFM sts, I've notice two things: 1. The shifts are shorter and when it was FIRST installed the effort to shift was slightly increased, as the grease settled it eased off the effort of shifting. 2: the shift linkage was brought up slightly higher thus allowing shorter shifts.

If the shifts isnt short enough all you have to do is adjust the shift linkage higher than the notched spot and tighten down.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts