1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both 350 bucks.

Both 304 Stainless Steel

Dominant Cat: Magnaflow Ceramic Core Catalyst
http://dominantengineering.bigcartel.com/product/svt-focus-high-flow-catalytic-converter
CFM Cat: MagnaFlow/CarSound
http://www.c-f-m.com/performancepar...t-Pipe-for-02-04-SVT-Focus-82p128.htm#details

Mainly looking for how it sounds tonally.
I did read somewhere that Dominant is raspy sounding at first, but goes away once broken in...

I dont like rasp, but quality and welds look excellent on Dominant.

Different note: I heard Tru-Bendz quality went down too... can anyone back that up? Thats why i didnt put it down as an option.

Who has what and why did you get that one?

Thanks!

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Those two= I'd go w/ the Magna flow, for Doms be prepared to wait a few months to get it after you paid him wheres w/ cfm, you'll get it real quick. You running a convertor, cause of the emmission police? I'd run a orp w/ a stealth muffler. btw, your silver svt in your avatar looks cool....

·
Registered
262 Posts
cant speak for the doms, but got a cfm race cat, and i really did notice a differance, but thats with toms tune as well, id recommend it mate

·
Registered
500 Posts
i got the cfm race cat with std svt system and suits me fine as far as noise goes you know its there but not irritating or too raspy at all and i didnt even need tom to turn off the rear 02 yet, been 6 months now

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those two= I'd go w/ the Magna flow, for Doms be prepared to wait a few months to get it after you paid him wheres w/ cfm, you'll get it real quick. You running a convertor, cause of the emmission police? I'd run a orp w/ a stealth muffler. btw, your silver svt in your avatar looks cool....
The CFM is out of stock now... So i gotta wait anyways. >_<
I've got a MIL Eliminator if i need it.
Thanks man! That was my old SVT... Shes no longer alive. [bawling] Got a red 2 door svtf now.[wave]

Read this thread from the Vendors/sellers reviews section on Dominant & decide for yourself:http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=257439

Felix commented on possible wait time already.
Yeeeeaaaaaaa.... to avoid that hassle, I'm just gonna go with CFM on this one.

I know a lot of my customers have the C-F-M and like them a lot

Tom
Cant go wrong with your advice!

Thanks guys. Made my decision, CFM Race Cat it is!

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
You going w/ a convertor, cause emmissions requriement? Over a orp?

·
Registered
283 Posts
I live in ma where they will get you for anything I've never had an issue with the orp not even loud imo louder than stock yea but nothing outrageous. I bought the mil cheater and it's junk doesn't even work luckily I have tom as my tuner and he turned that sensor off so I don't throw a code. I would say go with orp and when you can get toms tune it's a lot of fun. Then you'll wanna keep modding go turbo and then your in for it..... Lol either way happy modding! Tis the season.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
I live in ma where they will get you for anything I've never had an issue with the orp not even loud imo louder than stock yea but nothing outrageous. I bought the mil cheater and it's junk doesn't even work luckily I have tom as my tuner and he turned that sensor off so I don't throw a code. I would say go with orp and when you can get toms tune it's a lot of fun. Then you'll wanna keep modding go turbo and then your in for it..... Lol either way happy modding! Tis the season.
This^^^^^

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had on orp on my last svtf. Dont want it nearly as loud, but improve performance some. Not cause of emissions. Im in Texas so its not very strict. MIL i got from CFM helped not give me a code.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
I had on orp on my last svtf. Dont want it nearly as loud, but improve performance some. Not cause of emissions. Im in Texas so its not very strict. MIL i got from CFM helped not give me a code.
Add a stealth muffler to the orp.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Is that how you have your setup now? I'd like to see how it sounds if you could do a vid of it..
You can go to my profile, hitup my albums & you'll see my car w/ mods.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts