Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the cfm hi performance pump oil pump flow any more than the stock pump? Or is the billet gear only for rpms past 7400?
Are there any other hi flow oil pumps for the zetec/svt?

Thanks

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok well I don't plan on goin that high. So I think I'll go w an oem replacement. So I'm assuming there's no other options besides cfm or oem?

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
i would get one just for later on down the road, plus there nothing like revving past 8 lol :)

·
FF Affiliate
31,100 Posts
When you start taking wet sump engines past a certain RPM you start starving the bearings of oil the cranks by design has a flaw and the crank it self starts working like a pump and the oil cannot change direction fast enough , it isnt a good idea to be going to 8000 with these engines with out going to dry sump

Tom

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
I'll keep doing it till it breaks. Someone has to test the limits.

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
People said slicks and low 60ft would kill the gears. Still doing low 1.7 60ft. Ppl said 2-step breaks parts been using it for a couple years now. I like testing things myself.

Quicksilver Motorsports revs there na motors to 8k on stock oil pumps. Just food for the thought.

·
FF Affiliate
31,100 Posts
Jim your missing the point , no one ever said this stuff couldnt be done just that it put more ware and tear on parts then need to be done and at some point they will fail from it
Look how many have had oil pump failures dozens , look how many have broke the LSD and trans , many

The point isnt can it be done its been done sense before you had a Focus the point is why beat on things that have known in the past to fail

Tom

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
Jim your missing the point , no one ever said this stuff couldnt be done just that it put more ware and tear on parts then need to be done and at some point they will fail from it
Look how many have had oil pump failures dozens , look how many have broke the LSD and trans , many

The point isnt can it be done its been done sense before you had a Focus the point is why beat on things that have known in the past to fail

Tom
Because it makes stupid power, my 454 numbers were stopping at 7k that power was still climbing at the end of the run, i intend to use all of the power that is available. More ware and tear is fine its a built motor i made it to take more abuse, if it fails it fails but i doubt it will. If you dont push the limits you never know what is achievable.

Almost every oil pump failure is ppl using the stock one. Fernando CFM one broke most likely from using a underdrive pulley. Im still on stock pulley and plan to keep going.

people break diffs and such cause they usually cant drive, Ive personally never seen a diff failure from excessive HP or Excessive launches, most are from improper install.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Because it makes stupid power, my 454 numbers were stopping at 7k that power was still climbing at the end of the run, i intend to use all of the power that is available. More ware and tear is fine its a built motor i made it to take more abuse, if it fails it fails but i doubt it will. If you dont push the limits you never know what is achievable.

Almost every oil pump failure is ppl using the stock one. Fernando CFM one broke most likely from using a underdrive pulley. Im still on stock pulley and plan to keep going.

people break diffs and such cause they usually cant drive, Ive personally never seen a diff failure from excessive HP or Excessive launches, most are from improper install.

I guess at this point i have break both the pump and torsen [headbang]

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
Lmao of coarse after typing I have not seen a diff break from shear power. Fernando sends me a text of his broken diff he finally took out. Let's see how good this next diff holds up.

·
FF Affiliate
31,100 Posts
LOL Your not the only one , So was yours from a bad install or from not being able to drive LOL , I hear thats the reasons they brake

Tom

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
wait what? what is the torque limit on a torsen? news to me, i didnt know it had one either.

dude tom... why poke him with a stick? dammit now i have to put my flame suit on because the flame war is about to start... why cant we all just play nice?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Let me quote Torsen "The pictures you provided of the planet gears showed breaks and cracks which are typical of a unit that has exceeded its torque capacity. "

·
FF Affiliate
31,100 Posts
Yes the torsen has a limit of about 400+/- with slicks and about 500 with out slicks which is higher then what Torsen sais but that seems to be , now of course these are my numbers and others will have to do further testing

Focusmaniac , I didnt poke at anyone simply stated what was posted and asked a question

Tom

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
LOL Your not the only one , So was yours from a bad install or from not being able to drive LOL , I hear thats the reasons they brake

Tom
LOL you need to re-read i said I have not seen one until fernando's. Ill keep pushing mine till it takes a poop hopefuly by then fernando will have more to say about how the new diff is holding

1 - 20 of 20 Posts